Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Sharp DX-C401 with code L4-16

I am working on a Sharp DX-C401 color machine that cycles up, gets to the warming up point then goes into the code just before coming to ready. I can not seem to find the problem. Can anyone help me?

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

L4-16 is a fuser lock error code, if that's one of the older DXC-401's it'll probably have an MXC31FU1 fuser which happens to have the bearing holding the upper heat roller shatter. Replace the fuser with the upgraded MXC32FU1 or the MXC32HK rebuild kit, problem solved. Clear error with sim 14.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar
    There is a tech bulletin out for this issue on these fusers. Check IDNC for MFP-TB-317. If you are not a Sharp dealer and do not have access to the bulletin the best thing to do like Akitu said is to replace the fusing unit with the new updated unit as the old units have alot of issues. MX-C32FU1 is the new part number for the updated units. They are not priced to bad at about $250. Hope this helps.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

L4-16 is Fuser preasure release trouble. On the rear frame is a flag that gets acuated when the fuser preasure is released. Due to the amount of torque they get it snaps the flag off. They have made new style flags that are stronger. If you replace the flag take special note of how the solenoide clips into the arm on the cam. If not installed correctly the fuser will not be able to cycle or it will cycle continuously.
    Power cycle the machine and the error will clear.
    New style flag is: MLEVP1112FCZ3

Check the fuser bearing as well as posted above. The original bearings were to small and will fail at some point. If your bearing is failing go after sharp for a new style fuser as they should be under warranty.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar
    Also be sure to inspect the drivegear part # ngerh1982fczz as well they will crumble and destroy your primary transfer unit as well. Sharp is very good about the warranty on this part. If it is the old style fuser they'll warranty it you just need to supply the proper info!

Bilkar

Re: Sharp DX-C401 with code L4-16

I have the same problem with a Sharp MX-SC402. Same error message intermittently. Is it safe to assume that the same issue above is also happening to the machine im working on.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bilkar View Post
    I have the same problem with a Sharp MX-SC402. Same error message intermittently. Is it safe to assume that the same issue above is also happening to the machine im working on.
    Yes, follow the above information; also, instruct the user in the proper shut down of copier - panel on/off switch first, wait for display and leds to turn off, then turn off main switch on side.
    If shut down improperly, damage to fuser, HDD, or loss of data can occur.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Sharp DX-C401 with code L4-16

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Bilkar

It was a fuser problem. I resolved it by replacing fuser, it was not that expensive. PART # Sharp MXC31FU1 (DUNTW8120DS17)

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Recommended to use MXC32FU1 as opposed to 31FU1, several modifications have been done to the 32 fuser to prevent further L4 codes from broken pressure flags.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?