Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 250+ Posts

Where is Wazza when you need him?

I know, the Sharp thing.

Here we go:
    Machine: MX-6200N (with security kit)

Issue: When coming up from a cold start (main power was off), system comes to ready and can copy/print HOWEVER you cannot make any selections from the LCD/Touch Screen - none. If the machine sits for an undetermined amount of time, the Touch Screen might start working. Other times turning it off/on many times from the control panel gets it working - or not. Once it is working, all is well until turning off the main power, then the cycle starts again.

Things I Checked/Tried (during the few times it was working):

1. Although the LCD displayed fine, I checked the calibration (65-2) and found X always resolves to 0 but Y resolved correctly. Went to calibrate it (DOH!) and could not calibrate off the X axis.

2. Reloaded latest firmware (for the scty kit config) - all loaded fine. No change but started noticing the bootup just did not look right.

3. Thought it may be the flat cable or the LVDS PWB. Since they are far away, I just replaced the whole control panel with one from our store - same issue, so that eliminated the control panel.

4. Called Sharp to find out that after all the years I have been working with this series, I am not qualified. Waited online for 50 minutes before giving up. Our manager called and waited, received the "must be a cable in the control panel". Reminded them we had switched the control panel but he insisted it could not be a board or a boot time issue.

5. Getting ready to head back and taking a Scanner Control PWB with me as well as the flat cable that connects it to the LVDS PWB. Will verify all the connectors and wires.

I keep coming back to my observing the boot (sometimes the "paper flies" more than others).

Lost and Clueless

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

If it offers you any solice, I also would proceed with #5. It is most certainly strange. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

It could be a flash ROM problem even though you re-flashed. Do you still have the original flash ROMs for the MFP? You could try those to see if problem goes away. I've seen memory on MFP pwb also cause similar problems.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician 250+ Posts
    Good idea. Habit is to leave the ROM inside the cage so they should be there. Think I will try the board first and if that does not work, will pull the security kit, switch the ROM, and load the std firmware. Thanks for the idea.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Just an update. All the parts have come in and ready to go do battle (4hrs one way) tomorrow - THEN - customer cancels call because she has power cycled the machine several times without an issue. Hard to fix a machine that is working so I guess we will just hold on to the parts for a couple weeks before sending them back.

I really appreciate the input and will post back again if/when the issue returns.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Is the unit on a 20 amp breaker? We have had a few issues and odd glitches due to power.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Yes it is - I forgot to mention I metered the power and checked to make sure it has its' own 20amp circuit. Unit is still running after even more power cycles so I am just going to have to wait. Thanks for the input though.