Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Sharp mx -2300N giving a grey background

I have a Sharp MX-2300N It is giving a grey background when I print onto 'Heavy weight' paper...I can print the file onto 'plain' paper setting on regular paper and it works fine...But when printing to the 'heavy paper' setting to cardstock I get a grey back ground. Any ideas.?

NebTech
    When was the last time you ran the color calibration and/or replaced the black drum? I have been able to take care of the back-grounding with the copy and printer calibrations, the one you need 11X17 paper for, and if that does not work the next step I take is to replace the drum. In this case, since it is gray, replace the black drum.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It could simply be the paper stock you are using. Don't ask me why but with HP printers this can make a huge difference. Use one brand of 65# and everything looks great. Try another brand of 65# and the entire sheet will have a grey background. Try a different paper stock before anything else and you may save yourself a lot of work.

adi_wazzup

Re: Sharp mx -2300N giving a grey background

Quote Originally Posted by arcdigi View Post
    I have a Sharp MX-2300N It is giving a grey background when I print onto 'Heavy weight' paper...I can print the file onto 'plain' paper setting on regular paper and it works fine...But when printing to the 'heavy paper' setting to cardstock I get a grey back ground. Any ideas.?
    Did you find what the problem was? I also have this problem but it is with all kinds of paper.