Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MXM363N need help please

guys i recently visited a customer that had a power outage, upon investigation of the copier, i saw all the developer spilled inside the machine, so i decided to take the machine into the workshop and clean all the stuff out, after cleaning i saw maintaince FK3, and i got constant misfeeds at SPPD2 sensor, so i serched sharp website and came across this TT-20183, this is the exact same problem that i am experiencing, did what the bulletin says, and still getting paper jams,can someone point me in the right direction please? sometimes the paper also make it pass the sensor SPPD2, but jams in the fuser, could the webkit that needs to be replaced, cause paper jams? i am desperate for some advice here, thanks in advance.

Technician 250+ Posts
    FK3 in a Sharp (to my limited knowledge) is always the Web. If they play games and turn the unit off/on they can keep it going after the machine tries to disable (had one customer push it to 202K). Should not be the cause of your jam issue - but you never know. The pub suggested a simple paper test - did you try it, if so, what were the results?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    first of all thanks for responding to my post, you got me a little confused when you said "paper test" are you talking about using a different paper? as i also said before it works in 8 1/2 x11R mode but jams on 8 1/2 x 11 mode.hope to get some more feedback soon, thanks again

oel

Red face try this

go to settings and see if with the black-out did not reset the paper size,switch the trays if posible,run by pass all sizes if no problem but only one tray most likely have dv left on tray size mechanism

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SPPD2 is a dh sensor.

If you meant PPD2 instead, usually the sensor himself give the problem. Try to replace PPD2 sensor.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by divad2k1 View Post
    SPPD2 is a dh sensor.

If you meant PPD2 instead, usually the sensor himself give the problem. Try to replace PPD2 sensor.
    ah, ok thanks think i'll try changing it and see what happens.

Technician 250+ Posts
    The paper test I referenced was in the TT you mentioned. Seems to fit your situation.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ok so i tried the fix TT-20183, and manged to get it going but still getting intermitant jams around the same sensor , runs fine for about 40copies , then its the same situation all over again.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    I had a MX-5001 a few weeks back that wasn't level and gave the same headache. Tech had tried new sensors too and same headache. The caster on the lower cabinet was smashed 2 inches into the machine. For once I, was glad for those annoying leveling feet that catch on everything.The older machines used an actuator. These use a reflection type ( to keep us busy I guess ); make sure the reflectors in the door are clean too.
    FK3 is web maintenance. And for some reason, LT-R always seems to run better, or is it just me...?