Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MX-B401 L4-16 error

Hello all.

I have to service manual for this machine but not the parts catalog. I am needing the fuser drive swinging gear assembly. The gear that drives the fuser is brittle and has teeth broken off of it. The said gear is attached to a swing plate assembly.

If anyone could provide at minimum a part number it would be great! A parts catalog would fantastic as well. Additionally if anyone knows of a good vendor for Sharp parts please pass on the info. We are a Xerox and HP shop.

Thanks for you time!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    This code is almost always one of these parts:
    MLEVP1112FCZ3 or LPLTP7869FCZ1. Even after the improved flag, they still snap and give that code. The other is the pressure detect plate, which can crack but still appear functional.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-B401 L4-16 error

NGERH1982FCZZ is the gear, in the swing drive cluster, that comes into contact with the UH drive gear.

andrew sinclair
    hi there, the part number for the two drive gears on the swing arm are NGERH1983FCZZ and NGERH1982FCZZ but if your gear has broken then the chances are that the fuser unit has seized up. its commen and there are modified fuser bearings now. im in the uk but i think the part manuals are the same.

Technician

Re: MX-B401 L4-16 error

Quote Originally Posted by andrew sinclair View Post
    hi there, the part number for the two drive gears on the swing arm are NGERH1983FCZZ and NGERH1982FCZ
    Which gear is which? The one directly in contact with the fuser's gear is which part number?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

If you haven't changed a fuser drive gear before, look really close up inside for the spring that attaches to the swing arm at the top. If you don't know it's there it will shoot off into the machine never to be seen again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Also, check the fuser to see if the bearing has seized or broken up. If it has broken up, bear in mind that the balls fron the bearing will have dropped into the machine, so it is well worth spending a bit of time stripping out all the process units and transfer to ensure that none of the balls have dropped near the process units, or you can cause a lot of damage in the blink of an eye!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-B401 L4-16 error

In addition to all of the above, I have found many fusers where all of these items are fine (& some where techs have replaced some or all of them) & the fuser still frequently fails to pressurize or release, generating the L4-16 code. The ratchet system consists of 2 one way bearings, one in the ratchet arm, & another at the other end of the shaft, If the one in the arm fails, the shaft wont turn, but if the opposite one fails, the shaft will wobble back & forth until the machine times out & throws the code. I just (because I was tired of ordering fusers at far below their yield) pulled several "bad" fusers off of the shelf & ripped into them. After cleaning & "scotch-briting the shafts under both, I now have a few more "good" ones. Hope this saves some of you a few bucks.