Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX-4501N blowing fuse when fusing unit is connected.

F1 fuse on the ac board keeps blowing on me Ive tried a new loom which isnt the problem and borrowed another fusing unit which kept displaying heating up, has anyone had a similar problem? I checked the lamps with the multimeter and they arent blown,

Re: MX-4501N blowing fuse when fusing unit is connected.

I've encountered this trouble once in MX-4500 but when I replace the HL PWB the problem was solve...

Hope this can help...

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar

Disconnect everything from the AC board. test by switching on. Add connectors one at time until the fuse blows is one way.. F1 protects the AC line to the fuser so I would be looking for a short on the lamp harness in the fuser, has anyone had this apart recently? Does the fuse pop immediately the machine is powered on? Does the fuse pop when the fuser has been removed? this is certainly an uncommon fault on Sharp machines.

Bill

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

another way to tackle this is unplug the copier, put your meter on diode check so it beeps. Put your negative lead on the frame of the copier and the red lead on the fuse that keeps blowing. It should start beeping when you put it on the proper side of the fuser that is going to ground and shorting. Start unplugging things until the beeping stops. Once the beep stops you know in that harness you have a short.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I got call from my manager a few years back that I needed to bring a new fuser and power supply out to a customers office.

What he didn't tell me was that he had rebuilt the fuser the day before. When he hit the switch there was a loud crackling noise, the fuse blew on the power supply, and the breaker blew in the customers panel, knocking out several computers. He had slunk away with his tail between his legs.

Upon investigation, I found one of the lamp cables pinched to frame ground, the cover melted, and the wire spot welded to that area of the frame. The fuser was saveable, the power supply was not. And the customer asked for me after that.

All I would have to do is say the businesses name to get a dirty look after that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Chromographic Supremesist 100+ Posts nightshade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I got call from my manager a few years back that I needed to bring a new fuser and power supply out to a customers office.

What he didn't tell me was that he had rebuilt the fuser the day before. When he hit the switch there was a loud crackling noise, the fuse blew on the power supply, and the breaker blew in the customers panel, knocking out several computers. He had slunk away with his tail between his legs.

Upon investigation, I found one of the lamp cables pinched to frame ground, the cover melted, and the wire spot welded to that area of the frame. The fuser was saveable, the power supply was not. And the customer asked for me after that.

All I would have to do is say the businesses name to get a dirty look after that. =^..^=
    I had the same exact happening on an MX-5500, had a screw run through a HL line.

If you have done any work to the fuser prior to this happening go back and double/triple check your work!