Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    How to set up "Automatically print stored jobs after login" on Sharp MX-2600N

Hi,

We have a client who would like to have a Guest account to allow for anonymous B&W copying, and have his users log in to do color copies and to hold print jobs until the users log in.

The copying setup is easy. However, I cannot get the machine to automatically print the user's stored print jobs when they log in. I have the users set up with custom folders and I have the print driver on each PC with the user's 5-digit log in the User's Code in the Job Handling section. The print jobs end up in the correct directory, but they do not print when the user logs in. To print the jobs, the user has to go to his directory and manual print them. I do have multi-file/batch printing enabled to make this easier.

I have User Authentication enabled using 5 digit codes. I have Device Account mode enabled and Allow Login by Different User enabled as well, to allow for the anonymous B&W copying and to allow users to log in to print their print jobs.

I do have "Automatically print stored jobs after login" checked, but it seems to do nothing. I currently do not have "Disabling of Printing by Invalid User" checked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: How to set up "Automatically print stored jobs after login" on Sharp MX-2600N

When batch printing you can only batch print what is in a folder by user name. There isno way to purge the folder if it has multiple users. When printing to doc filing you have
    to go into the driver and put a user name in the default job id field in the job handling
    tab for the file to be marked with the User name properly. Then when you want to
    batch print those files printed by that user you have to hit the batch print button and
    then select that users name that was used in the default job id field And it will print out
    those jobs only. You will have to add this user to the User List on the machine. There is
    no other way to batch print except by the user name. If they scanned to Doc filing
    from the machine then they will have to use the same user name as the user logged
    in. If no user is logged in then they will have to select Default User in the user name
    field and either use Admin or User to print the scanned jobs.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: How to set up "Automatically print stored jobs after login" on Sharp MX-2600N

Thanks Tony.

Associating the print job with the User name helped solve the problem. I had thought that the print jobs were associated via the user's authentication code.

I have got the client's machine working nicely now. When people log out of the default user and into their own account, the machine asks them if they want to print the stored print jobs.

Basically these were the steps:

On the Copier
    1. Enable User Authentication by 5 digit code
    2. Create the Users with their unique 5 digit codes
    3. Enable Device Account mode and select a Login user (guest account)
    4. Enable Allow Login by Different User
    5. Enable Automatically print stored jobs after login

In the Print Driver
    6. Select User Number and enter 5 digit code (This is actually is optional and is only needed for printing privileges[i.e. color printing, etc] and to keep track of number of pages printed by that user [auditing].
    7. Select User Name from the Default Job ID section and enter the user's name, which matches the name set up on the copier
    8. Select the Retension check box and make sure that Hold Only is selected. You can also specify which folder that you want the job to be stored in.

That should do it. Send a print job to the copier to test it. You should be able to go to the MFP and hit Logout (to exit the default, guest account) and enter the 5 digit code for the user that sent the print job. The machine should present a dialog box asking if the user wants his print jobs printed and then deleted.

Hope this helps other.

Joe

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HoldPrintJobsInfo.doc

I have attached a Word document that shows how I did the setup.

Joe

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HoldPrintJobsInfoPart2.doc

The attached file is part 2 of the the instructions. This part just basically shows how this set-up functions on the copier.

Joe

Thumbs up Re: How to set up "Automatically print stored jobs after login" on Sharp MX-2600N

Thanks that will save all of us a ton of time working it out.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

sweet, thanks alot for the info.