Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hercules

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hercules

I was wondering if anybody had these machinces in very high volume situations (around 1 mill/ month). If so how are they performing and how low can you go on click charge and still make money. Thanks

Re: Hercules

We have a Hercules machines in copy centers that run a 500K per month, now the machine is still running with 5M copies but as of now we have a frequent calls (Twice or thrice a week) with it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

i have many out in the field but one 1100 that has 10 million within 2 years,i find by doing the pm when due
    and changing out the feed tires and keeping the sensors cleaned they do really good.they are some things i notice,like the gate in the adu unit gets paper cuts in it.to me they are a good machine.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

excellent machines, the busiest one i have is around 400-500 month. stay on top of the pm's and replace feed tires in the lct every visit( even if they look good, they wont be in the next few days) and all will be good

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar

they are the best!!!!! no question.PM on time and keep to it.

Bill

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyguy1 View Post
    I was wondering if anybody had these machinces in very high volume situations (around 1 mill/ month). If so how are they performing and how low can you go on click charge and still make money. Thanks
    hi i got hercules that runs on 800k a month
    proper servicing and good quality paper is a must
    what a good machine
    cheers

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

These are great runners. As stated several times before, on time PM's are a must. You also want to make sure it is installed on a level surface as this can cause finisher problems. I personally love how easy the fuser comes apart. For once, an engineer thought of the technician.

Hi Guys, I was wondering if I tap into this Hercules knowledge - I was the one who doubted the Hercules's superb ability when our first one was jamming every 10k, due to a slowly overheating reg motor resulting in very irregular jam locations. Well I'm back with another weird jamming problem. Every time we press for copy, the machine begins to feed, then registers a jam. This happens from all trays. Most times paper never leaves tray, but on the odd occasion it gets to first vertical transport roller then registers the jam. When using by-pass, the tray will drop the arm to feed the paper but the roller receives no drive so a jam is registered. LCC feeds the paper as normal and reaches first transport roller within the machine then registers a jam. Jam locations are everywhere! Paper never reaches registration. Any ideas?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

whats the jam codes? if a 950 0r 1100 the double feed sensor could be goin out ( located close to the reg roller) (the 850 does not have double feed sensors)

It's an MXM1100 - can this sensor be disabled (reminds me of the Contact Image Sensor or CIS on the Ricoh 1350 where it was advised to disable it). The jam codes range from, LCC, LTD_S, MFT, C3PFD_S3, C1PPD_N, TRAY 2, C2PFD_S2 PPD3_N3. Are these familiar?