Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar

MX-M950N Maintenance Guide for General Operators

Hello Everyone,

I am looking the the "Maintenance Guide" that shows the end-user how to replace toner, staples, jams, etc. for the MX-M950N, MX-FNX5 option. I checked on the sharp-idncservice website and cannot find this particular operation manual. I also updated and checked for the E-manuals on the copier itself, all the manuals are there except the Maintenance Guide.

I manually downloaded the "Suite" of operation manuals and this was not included in the suite.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Take care
    I thought I was getting wiser as time went on... I now realize I am just getting older.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: MX-M950N Maintenance Guide for General Operators

I've never seen one. There are picture diagrams around the machine at various location or on the toner box to show how to do basic tasks and information screens for the user to follow to clear jams. The operator's guide that comes with the machine will have some of this information but it is not all enclusive. The e-manual location on the machines web page will also have some of this information.

Good luck.

Bil

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The "trainers" usually cover these items. I use the term lightly as they are salespersons. There are a few basic things like toner install in the video library on the idnc-service site. You could also try the Sharp SPC site.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar

Thanks for the information guys. I'm glad I was not just missing something. One thing that I hate to admit, I am a perplexed as to how to replace the staple cartridge. It appears it will release the clear staple cartridge when the unit is empty? When I attempted to demo the process of removing the staple cartridge I looked a little silly. On all the other Sharp finishers you can remove and reinstall the staple cartridge before it is actually out of staples, although not advisable.

If this is in fact "locked" in place until the cartridge is expired this would be a good thing. On a separate note, I must say I love the way the fuser is built. It sure beats rebuilding an MX-M700N series fuser in the field or back at the office.

Thanks again!
    I thought I was getting wiser as time went on... I now realize I am just getting older.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

You can get it out but it takes a little bit of work and is NOT recommended for the customer to screw with! LOL Basically you are correct. You can not pop the sides to release the old staple cartridge until almost all of the staples are gone.

Good luck.

Bil