Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX-FNX9

MX-FNX9

Any one having problems with these finishers not stapling right, missing pages to be stapled? Also have got quite a few of them squeaking as well.
    Thanks
    Brian

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX-FNX9

These are common problem with this finisher...

For the stapling problem, replace the 2 belts that drive the paper back (PG sect.4 no. 8 )

Quote Originally Posted by divad2k1 View Post

For the stapling problem, replace the 2 belts that drive the paper back (PG sect.4 no. 8 )
    Thanks for your help. We will have to give that a try.
    Brian

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-FNX9

those are called the knurled belts i think that pull the paper back into finisher for stapling. As for the squeaks there are the white plastic idler rollers on the exit. They squeak like crazy. All you can do is pull the 6 screws, remove the entire plate that holds them on, drench em in oil and hope some goes into the idlers and then clean up.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    those are called the knurled belts i think that pull the paper back into finisher for stapling. As for the squeaks there are the white plastic idler rollers on the exit. They squeak like crazy. All you can do is pull the 6 screws, remove the entire plate that holds them on, drench em in oil and hope some goes into the idlers and then clean up.
    Thanks I see they have redesigned them idlers and have a new part #. that was the problem on one of them but some others had other squeaks.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by divad2k1 View Post

A little bit of a bear to change and unfortunate this did not fix the problem on this finisher but I am sure it is the problem on most of them.
    Thanks
    Brian

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

For the stapling problem this is what I have been told. I have not had to do this yet so I don't know 100% but fix comes from good source. Replace following parts. OCW4141P372// 2each. OCW4141P301// 2each. OCW4141P007// 2each. OCW4141P371// 1each. Ocw4141P370// 1each. Good luck.

Smile Re: MX-FNX9

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    For the stapling problem this is what I have been told. I have not had to do this yet so I don't know 100% but fix comes from good source. Replace following parts. OCW4141P372// 2each. OCW4141P301// 2each. OCW4141P007// 2each. OCW4141P371// 1each. Ocw4141P370// 1each. Good luck.
    Thanks Harleyrider we will certainly be willing to give it a try. We have swapped out this finisher already and have it in the shop. So we can play with it when we get a chance. I appreciate ya and your good source.
    Brian

Cool Re: MX-FNX9

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post

I have done 2 of these in the last week and they definitely corrected the problem.