Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp Mx-3501 - Not Printing No Screen

Have a MX-3501N that wasn't printing - checked everything - Updated Firmware - Cleared Print Controller - Tried taking another MX-3501N Firmware and replacing it in the problem machine.

After changing out the Firmware & HardDrive I came into a deeper issue - No Screen at all. I'm figuring that now I need to repair or replace the PCU Power Board and replacing the firmware on the MFP PWB.

Any suggestions?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sharp Mx-3501 - Not Printing No Screen

by any chance did you steal a machines firmware that had a data security kit?

Have you tried putting the original roms and hard drive back?

If you can't get the machine to print and you have tried using a cross over cable to your laptop and still nothing it could be a issue with the Nic. Try a 67-17 to clear the NvRam and reset the nic back to factory defaults from the key ops. If that does not work i'd be tempted to swap MFP's.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I can't do anything - I have no screen to view.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If the fans are turning and the power light is on, check the memory on the mfp pwb.

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar

I seem to recall the clutches in the drive unit causing this issue before.They changed the clutches due to wire wear and breakage.We've seen this a couple times. Check the bullitens and tech tips for this!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glewisme View Post
    I seem to recall the clutches in the drive unit causing this issue before.They changed the clutches due to wire wear and breakage.We've seen this a couple times. Check the bullitens and tech tips for this!
    That was on the MX4101
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Sharp Mx-3501 - Not Printing No Screen

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The orignal issue - not printing was caused by something I have never seen before. The clients network or maybe someone playing with the network - assigned another IP Address to the imager's port, not changing the IP on the Imager itself.

When I got the machine to boot - I had to use an MFP PWB from another unit - I think the memory got corrupted, I got Screen but I still could not print. While I was talkiing with Tech Support - sorry, I don't need to purchase any manuals Paul and there is nothing in a manual that I know of that covers this - I went to re-install the Print Driver. It was then that I saw that when the software went out to the Network to find the imager's IP Address it came up with an IP Address that did not match the one assigned to the Imager.

Tech Support had at one point told me to initiate another Port - dumping the one I had. When I did this, everything worked - it prints. The POrt somehow got corrupted.

Strange but true.

It cost me $430.00, plus the cost of Firmware to figure this out. Sometimes I think the Sharp Tech Support Reps get paid a commission to direct you in a direction that cost money but doesn't fix the problem - I guess I should have known the fix. I did think it was the Network when I started out on fixing the issue - but never thought something as simple as creating a new Port would fix my problem. If I were to call back to Sharp Tech Support - they'd tell me that they would have needed to be there witht the machine to know that is what needed to be done. Honest.

Expensive lesson to learn.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

With that 430 $ you could have bought a laptop to test your MFP and see if problem was on the network side or if your printer was faulty ...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You right. That's a valid point. My point is that all of the computers were not able to print to the imager. I tried a few things before hand thinking it was the network, not the imager. If, while I was trying diffferent things wiht network, I had thought of trying the fix that worked or was suggested that, I would have had the fix in hand, without using a cross over cable.

Just information that had I had it or thought to use it, I would have fixed the issue3. But the way, with all the information given to Tech Support, they thought it was a board issue too. Go figure.

It's a dead issue - the machine is fixed. Information is a great thing though, isn't it?
    Last edited by Tech2002; 12-17-2011 at 02:24 PM.