Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thunderzhao

Re: Sharp AR-507 blank prints

thunderzhao

Magnetic Roller looks like this when it's taken out, middle portion is not covered by developer. wonder if this is right

IMG_20111228_120403[1].jpg

thunderzhao

Cleaned the magnetic roller and threw it back for a photocopy, took it out, looks exactly like right after I cleaned it, so the roller is not rolling? why is it not rolling

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-507 blank prints

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Just because you're not getting a developed image does not necessarily mean the developing unit is faulty.

For example, if there is no drive to the developing unit, there will be no developing. The drive is provided by the main drive pack in the rear of the machine. Or you could be missing the developer bias voltage. Again, no bias-no image. And there could be a problem with the developing unit itself.

When I say "no developing" it means that the toner didn't make it to the drum, for whatever reason. It's up to you now to determine why.
    =^..^=
    Maybe there's no drive? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

thunderzhao

Bill, You are absolutely right, I took out the developer unit, and manually rotated a roller a bit, and there are very faint prints.
    I looked around the dev unit, and there's no motor, so I assume the drive is from the back. I wanted to see if it rotates, but when the dev unit is taken out, the copier refuse to move.

So there are 2 possible problems
    1. Developer unit is stuck ( I found manually rotating the roller very difficult)
    2. the drive to the developer unit is broken.

Bill, how do I find out which one the problem is?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Most likely cause is a gear in the main drive is broken the part number is ngerh1284fczz. if you take cover off from right side you can see the coupler that drives the dv unit. run a copy and see if it turns

thunderzhao

Quote Originally Posted by copyguy1 View Post
    Most likely cause is a gear in the main drive is broken the part number is ngerh1284fczz. if you take cover off from right side you can see the coupler that drives the dv unit. run a copy and see if it turns
    I opened right side cover, and found the connection that drives the developer unit is actually rotating, but the motor on toner hopper unit is slipping against and wheels beside it. I thought there were too much toner, so I pull out half, and took off the motor and put it back on. all look ok but the motor still unable to drive the little wheels beside it. wondering what's the problem
    IMG_20111228_163227.jpgIMG_20111228_163402.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-507 blank prints

I'm reading back through the thread, and I don't remember if you've got a good latent image or not.
    Here are a few database entries that might be appropriate:

Blank copies. No paper jams on AR-285, AR-505. The customer turned the bed handle ~90 degrees past the end of the travel. The bed does not stay up. The wiring to the pre-transfer lamp is damaged. Replace the bent roll pin for the rear lift arm. Install 1.5mm shim between the front bed frame and the E-clip to prevent future damage. Repair any damaged wiring to the pre-transfer lamp. Advise the customer that the handle only turns from 6:00 to 9:00.

Very light gritty copies. "Add Toner". "Replenishing Toner" indication. Adding toner does not help. Gear noise, on AR-335. Bearings inside mag roller sieze, spinning the magnets & dumping developer. Broken gear 28T in main drive assy. The developer is extremely overtoned, just not stirred. Clean up the toner/developer spill. Replace the main drive assembly (CFRM-0939FC53), developing unit (CBOX-0116FCE1), and developer (AR-336ND).

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

DV unit tends to go bad on this model, you may find that you need to replace DV unit or rebuild it.

thunderzhao

Thank you guys so much!!!!!

finally fixed it.

Magnetic roller was stuck, and had to clean the crap out.

thanks again!!!