Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    MFP Tech & I.T. Manager 100+ Posts MFPs R Now PCs's Avatar

Angry Sharp ARM550N Scans Aborted

Have a Sharp AR-M550N that we are scanning to a folder with the Network Scanner Tool (Sharpdesk 3.3) and you can fill the ADF to capacity with standard 8.5" x 11" containing text on all pages; it will scan to 2 different PC's over and over no problem.

Customer has 3-hole punched with tabs every few pages on the opposite edge of the 3-hole and some of it is also a little thicker than 20 lbs paper. We brought a large sample collection of this media to our shop.

When you scan the customers sample it will get to about 30 - 40 pages in and indicate "Processing Job" for a long time and then have a "Connection Error". I will then immediately try a large job of regular 8.5” x 11” and everything scans fine.

I was on the phone with one of our distributers we thought we had it by manually selecting the original size instead of auto original. I ran the job 10 times to 2 different PC's and re-booted the copier and tried again, worked fine.

Today even with the entire network and PC’s re-booted, selecting manual exposure, and manual original size, lowest resolution possible it’s back to this connection error on that sample collection only.

FYI, this sample collection is all blank, could that be it? HELP?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Sharp ARM550N Scans Aborted

Quote Originally Posted by MFPs R Now PCs View Post
    Have a Sharp AR-M550N that we are scanning to a folder with the Network Scanner Tool (Sharpdesk 3.3) and you can fill the ADF to capacity with standard 8.5" x 11" containing text on all pages; it will scan to 2 different PC's over and over no problem.

Customer has 3-hole punched with tabs every few pages on the opposite edge of the 3-hole and some of it is also a little thicker than 20 lbs paper. We brought a large sample collection of this media to our shop.

When you scan the customers sample it will get to about 30 - 40 pages in and indicate "Processing Job" for a long time and then have a "Connection Error". I will then immediately try a large job of regular 8.5” x 11” and everything scans fine.

I was on the phone with one of our distributers we thought we had it by manually selecting the original size instead of auto original. I ran the job 10 times to 2 different PC's and re-booted the copier and tried again, worked fine.

Today even with the entire network and PC’s re-booted, selecting manual exposure, and manual original size, lowest resolution possible it’s back to this connection error on that sample collection only.

FYI, this sample collection is all blank, could that be it? HELP?
    scan to sharp desktop, turn off anti virus and up your time outs

Red face Re: Sharp ARM550N Scans Aborted

I got it, I was doing it wrong, "Your Doing It Wrong!" ha, ha.

If one is going to select the original size manually in Image Send: you must change it under the Scan Size Auto button, NOT the Send Size Auto button. They are right next to each other and only one word different, Shheesh.

Re: Sharp ARM550N Scans Aborted

Re-Subscribing