Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Resource Group

Sharp mx-2700N Ripping Issue

Unit was disconnected and moved to another room. It has worked fine since purchased. Copies fine but when attempting to print "Data" light flashes and machine is locked up. In the print Queue it reflects any document that is trying to print as "Ripping". I can not get the firmware that is one the machine as it will not print. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Sharp mx-2700N Ripping Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Resource Group View Post
    Unit was disconnected and moved to another room. It has worked fine since purchased. Copies fine but when attempting to print "Data" light flashes and machine is locked up. In the print Queue it reflects any document that is trying to print as "Ripping". I can not get the firmware that is one the machine as it will not print. Any help would be appreciated.
    Was there a Print Server connected to the machine at it's previous location...such as a Fiery Controller or similar print server?
    The term "ripping" tends to be used by print servers.
    Where a normal pc will use a "Print Spooler" to rip the job a Print server or Fiery uses ripping to compile the print jobs faster.
    I would have your I.T dept reconnect the print server in the new location and failing that I would have a Sharp tech attend the machine and turn of the Print Controller option via service mode.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: Sharp mx-2700N Ripping Issue

hi
    could be mems
    mory or hard drive problem

firmware can be obtained via display with sim 22

cheer