Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts TechGeek's Avatar

Sharp MX-C401 not printing from proper tray from Micrsoft Access based program

Just installed a new MX-C401 MFP last week all was working good for about three days then stopped working. My customer uses a preprinted form that is in tray 3. I setup a specific driver with the default to pull from tray 3 since the access based program will not let you change the printer settings. Then yesterday my customer called and said that when he prints to the MFP it is pulling from tray 1 instead of tray 3. I double check to make sure that the driver was setup correctly and that the access based program was printing to the correct printer. all seems to be setup right but still prints from tray 1 instead of tray three. Any ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-C401 not printing from proper tray from Micrsoft Access based program

Are you using the post script driver?

I had a client using MS Access and the dam thing refused to print period. Once i switched to PCL6 things worked fine. Every other MS app worked fine like excel and word using Post script.

Make sure you run the auto config from the Config tab in the print driver.
    You could also try setting the Port to LPR, check off byte counting and use the que name of lp
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Re: Sharp MX-C401 not printing from proper tray from Micrsoft Access based program

I am using the PCL5e driver. i will try the PCL6 driver and see if that makes a difference, and use the LPR. what do you recommend using for the query name? i usually use "lp"

I have tried the PCL6 driver and PS driver and also tried other drivers like HP and other sharp drivers with no success. I did notice if i set the default paper tray on the mfp the printer will put from the proper tray but this will not work because when you make copies it will printer on their preprinted forms. i am at a loss if any one has any idea i'll give it a try.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Bring in your laptop, hook up with a cross over cable and check to see if it will print properly. I doubt it's the copier at fault. If possible put the access data base on a usb stick if it's small enough and try running the program on your laptop and see if the fault occurs again. I would bet there is something goofy going on with the customers computer.

Have you set the specific driver using tray 3 to be the default print driver and then reboot / reopen the program?

Aside from that with out being there to see whats going on thats all i can think of.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Technician

Within Access, individual reports can be set to print to specific paper trays - this may be overriding the driver settings.
    Open the access report in design view, go to page setup and check the paper source setting.

I resolved the issue by using the Sharp MX-B402 PCL6 Driver why this one worked I don't know but it is and i don't usually argue with good results if you guys know what i mean. Thanks for all of the suggestions.