Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lawton

Sharp AR-235 sprinkle on one side of copy

I done a regular PM on the machine and now about a week later I am getting specks on one side of copy. Looks like sprinkles. Dev calibrated within limits correctly no problems.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-235 sprinkle on one side of copy

Cleaning Unit.

Common on Leopards. The lower seal tends to collect a lot of paper lint. My personal theory here is that since this machine has pad separation in the paper trays, a gob of paper lint collects on the pad, then is released onto a passing sheet of paper and carried up to the lower cleaning seal. For customers who use colored paper the color of the fiber will match their paper color.

At any rate, the lower seal will become deformed and allow toner from the cleaning unit to sprinkle down onto the copies.

Replace the cleaning unit (the seal is part of the unit), but order the Andromeda cleaning unit (CFRM-0049RS5C). It has a doubled cleaning seal in the center to help minimize the problem. It still happens, but it takes longer.

I have heard of other techs taking the upper developer seal from the transfer kit and using it as a lower cleaning seal. I don't recommend it. It will leak much worse.