Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    pommyboy

Scanning using sharpdesk / network scanner tool on Colour range MX2700 MX2301 MX2600

Hi,

I am having an issue with the network scanner tool.

I have several customers who in the last month have errors using the network scanning tool. For no reason at all they are coming up with a "selected servers not found" message. The network tool can auto detect the copier and is updating the profiles so there is communication there.

All of these copiers have been working well for a long period and have suddenly stopped. I have got one of them working by un-installing Microsoft live.

I know its not the copier as i can scan to my laptop everytime and scan to email / folder is working fine. I have reinstalled the profiles and the programs on the pc's too.

Has Microsoft updated anything? Have they beefed up the FTP security? Is anyone else having this problem?

20 questions I know but im getting more and more customers failing each week

Thanks in advance

Rich

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Scanning using sharpdesk / network scanner tool on Colour range MX2700 MX2301 MX2

Are you using ver 3.3? Having to upgrade a lot of my older versions of Sharpdesk to fix various problems. 3.3 seems to take care of all of them so far!

Good luck.

Bil

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Scanning using sharpdesk / network scanner tool on Colour range MX2700 MX2301 MX2

As bilyahn suggested, upgrade to version 3.3. If the destination PC have Windows Live Essentials installed on them, it will knock out scanning.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scanning using sharpdesk / network scanner tool on Colour range MX2700 MX2301 MX2600

If the NST sends the MFP an updated profile, it's got to be firewall not allowing the scan back in. On any machine that is capable of scanning to folder, etc., I try not to use Sharpdesk.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DINGO's Avatar

Hi,
    I think that your issue was caused by same software updated.
    Pay atention because this pcs must has some program/so, in comom.

I have a simililar issue, and in my case was,every pcs with windows XP sp3 updated, and eset smart securyti antiviruys, the sharpdesk do not work.

good look