Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

sharp 5 day classroom exams

hello guys, i am trying to get some information concerning sharp written exams,now from my experience the secret to passing sharp written exams is to know your manuals and where to find the answers as quickly as possible.can someone help me with a proper technique to learn how to use sharp Service manuals?i have a written test on the OLD ar-550/620/700n copiers and i am trying to figure out whats the best way to pass this exams using my service Manuals, its 20 questions written exams,thanks in advance guys.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: sharp 5 day classroom exams

Hi
    start reading the manual,good place to start

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    start reading the manual,good place to start

SGT. Hulka says, "RTFM"
    Who wants a Hulka Burger?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

The test in question are pretty straight forward. Use your search function in adobe reader "ctrl + f" that will save you time but be sure to answer what the question asks! Sharp questions tended to be very literal minded and I always wind up missing one since I answer what I think the question asks and not what it actually is! All the answers are provided in the manuals, somewhere!!!!

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Also pay attention to what the instructor points out. I have found that they teach from the test and make sure they answer each test question during the class.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

when i did my sharp exams, the instructor said that the reason you were allowed to use your manuals, was to test you to see how well you found your way around a manual....because if you cant find your way through the manual to complete the test....then you wouldn't be any good at findng the answers in your manual when on site...as in most reference books...i find using the index to find the relevant chapter is always a good start
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The Sharp manuals have only gotten better since the AR550,620

Information is pretty easy to find especially when you go to the break down of each section and the book fully explains how it works and gives you a cute circuit diagram of that section. Use the search function in adobe and pay attention to the obscure crap they seem to talk about even though you may think you will never come across that.

On my MXM550 course the guy was explaining how the 24v line controlled this transistor that operated the 120 volt relays that powered the fuser lamps. He made us go into the book and look at the actual schematic diagram showing that transistor and the 24 volt line going to it blah blah blah. Well on the practical test he yanked that 24 volt line out of the PCU connector and tucked it up into the wire harness. Guess what, H4 codes and if you didn't pay attention you were pretty much screwed. When i had to leave to catch my flight one guy was still trying to figure it out.

7 years ive never needed to look at schematics. Block diagrams for pin outs sure. Pay attention to the weird stuff
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Take copious notes in class. You'll have access to any notes you took. Often the only time a topic is mentioned is in lecture, and it keeps you alert in class.

My recommendation is to forget the paper manual. Use the search function in Adobe, and read every reference the search engine finds. Even the ones that seem to be unrelated. It's the obscure ones that end up being important. Even if you're fairly certain of the answer, search the manual anyway. You might be surprised what you find. It's a common trick for the answer to be just changed by one negative, but otherwise be worded exactly the same. You think: ... that sounds right ... and it almost is right.

General strategies for a multiple choice test:
    Like any test, answer all the quick ones first. Any questions that take time should wait until last.
    And even if you can't find the specific multiple choice answer, write your own answer and explain how you came to that conclusion. In each case, when I properly documented my answer I got credit, even if it did not match the answer key. If you get down to the last 2 minutes and some questions are still not answered, just guess. Any answer is better than not answering. Usually you can rule out a couple of the choices leaving a 50/50 chance. Use all the time you have available. I've kicked myself before for finishing first, then getting a question wrong simply by reading it wrong, or circling an unintended answer. If you have time at the end, read through the test one more time, questions and answers.

Good luck. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 03-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I agree that they want you to learn how to use the book. Also if the instructor repeats something it is probably on the test. Don't sweat the test, just listen and get familiar with the book.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

thanks alot everyone really appreciate all the feedback that i got