Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Angry AR-M350N Exit Sub-Roller Sticking to Paper

I have an AR-M350N and the exit Sub-Roller is sticking to the paper and taking off the toner/and sometimes part of the paper(top layer tear like you tear off a sticker and leaves some paper behind). The Part that it is sticking to is (PCLR-0460FCZ1). This only happens after a long run and it heats up real good. customer claims it is happening mostly when they print, which is almost all they do (not many copies at all) they have been printing Calenders/Work schedules and it happens in the same place every time, I have tried a sky shot(All Black) and the toner actually sticks and jams accordion style after it exits the Fuser right before the rollers and the paper will stick together like glue where it crinkled.

What I have done:

Replaced the Fuser (Reduced the machine from leaving Heavy tacked-on toner on rollers)
    Changed to Fuser temp. (now set to default again - 190 - did not seem to affect anything)
    Checked Voltages of the lamps were working
    Set printer density to a 2 instead of a 3 (lowered the rate at which it happens but did not fix it)
    Replaced the rollers with the new Sharp recommended rollers (PCLR-0460FCZ1 but still happening)
    New Drum
    New Developer

Any Ideas Would Be Helpful Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    AR-M350N Exit Sub-Roller Sticking to Paper

Re: AR-M350N Exit Sub-Roller Sticking to Paper

I would make sure that the fan in the delivery/turn over unit was working. These early machines had problems with heat in this area that would warp the unit. We would see the exterior cover over the unit start to turn brown. I have had some success with cutting out some of the slates in the cover for the fan exit. In the long run I have found replacing the whole exit/turn over unit was the best solution. Hope this helps.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brewster67 View Post
    I would make sure that the fan in the delivery/turn over unit was working. These early machines had problems with heat in this area that would warp the unit. We would see the exterior cover over the unit start to turn brown. I have had some success with cutting out some of the slates in the cover for the fan exit. In the long run I have found replacing the whole exit/turn over unit was the best solution. Hope this helps.
    ditto brewster.

The delivery/turnover fan is a common failure item, but so are the same style fans in the left door. Hell, check all the fans and filters.
    Congratulations on a thorough approach. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I ventilated the machine ALL OVER honeycomb vent under the sharp logo removed filter in fuser door and cut open fan vent still happening though

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

As Brewster and Blackcat have suggested, you may want to look into replacing the whole turnover unit.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

I think the roller hs is refering to is that long grey roller in the turn arround unit, I seem to recall that it will get gummy when hot, there should be a new still or type out, check sharp tech pub's and see whats out there, no longer work on them, but still know them pretty well, worked on them for almost 13 years.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

turn heat down more. look at these tech bulletins.MFP-TB-005.pdfMFP-TB-244.pdf