Recently installed on windows 7 a Sharp MX-B200 to print and scan through usb using the software on disc. It will scan using acquire image option in sharpdesk and the customer is happy. The boss has told me to make it work through button manager but it doesnt seem to work for example I select SC3 and hit the photocopy button you hear the lamp moving a bit but the option to select button manager doesnt come up as it displays in the user manual. Any ideas?
From all the research I did on Button Manager, it can be very flaky with Windows 7. I was able to get it work on two Win7 64-bit PCs last week (wasn't even our customer...a competitor gave up trying to fix it and subcontracted us to fix it).
Here is how I fixed it:
1. Delete/Uninstall Button Manager
2. Unplug the copier from the PC (it is a USB connection)
3. Restart the PC
4. Edit the Registry following the instructions in the PDF attached to this post (USBScanRegistry.PDF)
5. Restart the computer
6. Re-install Button Manager (make sure to run the install as Administrator)
7. NOW plug in the USB cable from the copier to the computer
8. COnfigure Button Manager destinations however the client likes and then test the scanning
It can be a little flaky even after that. If it works and in the future stops working, do NOT redo the registry fix. Simply have the customer unplug the MFP, reboot the MFP and then plug it back in to the PC to fix whatever USB issue occurs. This will fix it most of the time.