Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copierman 250+ Posts
    mx-fnx5   f1-15  code

mx-fnx5 f1-15 code

Hi guys, I have a finisher on a hercules that keeps giving me f1-15 code (at first i got f1-17), i am going to replace the tray lift motor to hopefully solve this problem as the tray sometimes works and somtimes dosent, if i tap the motor whilst the machine is sorting, the tray will move up and down, is there anything else i should look for?
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: mx-fnx5 f1-15 code

Try swapping the motors around. All three of them are the same I believe. Have had random problems with this finisher on the 850. Do you have the punch unit installed also? There is a tech bulletin out about the lifetime of the motors and when to replace them MFP-SB-301. There is also a TB out about the lift tray and strengthening it for heavy loads MFP-TB-339 and 340.

Good luck.

Bil

copierman 250+ Posts
    mx-fnx5   f1-15  code

Thanks for the reply, I have swopped over the lift motor for the tray and replaced 4 x sensor that detect the paper height, so far so good!!!
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Technician

Offset Tray Lift Motor 0PPAX050277// has a life of 1000k I had the same problem with F1-15 I replaced the motor and had no re-occurances