Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Scan from MFP (AR-M155) to SharpDesk Mobile for Android

Hello,

While looking for a newer version of SharpDesk (I have 3.31c) I discovered SharpDesk Mobile for Android. Quickly installed it on my Sharp Docomo SH-01D phone and tested its functionality.

The application cannot automatically detect the my AR-M155 - I suppose that's because it is not among the officially supported models - but manual input works all right. Printing from the phone works just fine.

Next I tried - and failed - to send a scan job from the MFP to the phone. To do this, I screated a new "desktop" profile from the web interface. The new profile was sent to the machine and did appear on the list of available "Send to" options. However, when I try scanning to the phone, I only get "Network Error CE-02".

Any ideas?

the apps only support clor mx series.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CorbinDallas's Avatar

Re: Scan from MFP (AR-M155) to SharpDesk Mobile for Android

Scan destination must be generated from the app on your phone.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinDallas View Post
    Scan destination must be generated from the app on your phone.
    Yes, I thought so. However, there is no option to do this from the app. Also, when I try to "Scan from AR-M155" - press the "Scan" button, the Back button no longer works on the app, I can't exit to the main menu, and I have to kill the app from the Running Apps list. I suppose it is just a case of unsupported printer.

If App does not identify MFP in Printer/Scanner setup and does not list it at bottom of screen "scanner:" it is not capable of that feature. As you noticed, the AR-M155 is not a supported model.

Technician

If App does not identify MFP in Printer/Scanner setup and does not list it at bottom of screen "scanner:" it is not capable of that feature. As you noticed, the AR-M155 is not a supported model.
    It does not automatically identify it. The manual setup works and I can print from the phone. And as you can see from the below screenshot, the printer name is shown at the bottom of the "scanner:" screen. Yes, I know it is not an officially supported model, I was hoping I could somehow cheat it...

20120822-202230.jpg

When you press the scan button it should add the destination and pop-up instructions on your phone. If it does not, then thats probably as good as it gets. Test it with a supported model to see how it should work.

Technician

When you press the scan button it should add the destination and pop-up instructions on your phone. If it does not, then thats probably as good as it gets. Test it with a supported model to see how it should work.
    Just noticed that after pressing the Scan button a pop up message is displayed "Registering profile" (for about 1,5-2,0 seconds this time) but nothing happens even after 5 minutes. Each time I press the Scan button the same message is displayed (for a very short time though - 0,5 seconds, that's why I hadn't read it) but still nothing.

Yeah, I guess this is as good as it gets. Thanks!