Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Machine prints smth. like a status page before every print job

Hello,

After trying various settings on my AR-M155, trying to get the SharpDesk Mobile app for Android to work with the machine (unsuccessfully), the machine started printing something like a test page before every print job. The contents of this page are as follows:

* User name: unknown
    * File name: dfA005CHEESEUSCOMP
    * Printer: lp
    The number dfA005 varies - dfA001 to dfA005, the numbers after the IP also - not consecutive but in ascending order - 49937, 49948, 50031, 56632, 56637, 56641, 56652.

I have gone through every setting on the web interface and the Network Scanner Tool on the PC (whose IP is shown and from where I submit the print jobs) - there are no changes from what they used to be. I had created a new profile from the web setup interface for the phone but as it didn't work, I deleted it.

I have no idea why the machine is printing these pages and I hate the waste of paper. Help me get rid of this, please!

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: Machine prints smth. like a status page before every print job

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Hello,

After trying various settings on my AR-M155, trying to get the SharpDesk Mobile app for Android to work with the machine (unsuccessfully), the machine started printing something like a test page before every print job. The contents of this page are as follows:

The number dfA005 varies - dfA001 to dfA005, the numbers after the IP also - not consecutive but in ascending order - 49937, 49948, 50031, 56632, 56637, 56641, 56652.

I have gone through every setting on the web interface and the Network Scanner Tool on the PC (whose IP is shown and from where I submit the print jobs) - there are no changes from what they used to be. I had created a new profile from the web setup interface for the phone but as it didn't work, I deleted it.

I have no idea why the machine is printing these pages and I hate the waste of paper. Help me get rid of this, please!
    Check for settings similar to "Prohibit Notice Page Printing", also, potentially somewhere in the TCP/IP settings there may be something called "Use FTP/LPD banner", make sure that's set to disable.

I haven't seen the web page of an ARM-155 so I wouldn't know what options there are specifically, but it seems to be that one of these 2 options may be what is causing your notice page to print.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Check for settings similar to "Prohibit Notice Page Printing", also, potentially somewhere in the TCP/IP settings there may be something called "Use FTP/LPD banner", make sure that's set to disable.

I haven't seen the web page of an ARM-155 so I wouldn't know what options there are specifically, but it seems to be that one of these 2 options may be what is causing your notice page to print.
    Network Setup > Protocol > Use FTP/LPD banner. It was set to "Enable". I am sure I haven't changed this option. Anyway, changed it back to "Disable", restarted machine, and the problem is fixed.

Thank you!

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Network Setup > Protocol > Use FTP/LPD banner. It was set to "Enable". I am sure I haven't changed this option. Anyway, changed it back to "Disable", restarted machine, and the problem is fixed.

Thank you!
    Happy to help!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?