Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    boutym

Sharp AR-161 Toner and Drum Light

Have a Sharp AR-161 I picked up and have never worked on these before. It has a drum and toner light on and won't make copies. Is there a way to reset it long enough to get some paper through it so I can see if it's worth throwing a drum and toner cartridge in?

It appears to have been serviced regularly, but the person that gave it to me got a new machine and didn't want to repair this one.

boutym
    Oh please my dear friends... no takers on this yet?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts choicecopyguy's Avatar
    The drum light won't keep it from working, but, your going to have to spring for some toner to check it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Yep, no toner means that it won't do a thing until you add some toner. The drum light won't cut you off.

As long as you aren't doing much duplexing this isn't a bad machine, just slow.

boutym
    How about a way to BS the toner sensor? Did this all the time on other machines back in the day and I'm sure it can be done on this one.

No, just install toner. This is enough BS for me. Unsubscribe.

boutym
    Wow, the love in this place is overwhelming... Not to mention the knowledge. Guess I'll find a schematic and BS it myself, as is typically how the real techs do it to verify an issue.

The real techs don't spend a lot of time trying to cheat a crum chip that you can't cheat for the price of a toner cartridge. Your wasting my time and yours.

You got good advice for free and don't like it. That's my bitch.

boutym
    Geeezzzz dude! A few posts in and you were already wanting to start crap. Can just imagine how your childhood was. I'm usually at least 5 in before I have to head for the Midol, but I will try in the first few to give constructive answers.

Personally, I think I had a legit question that didn't require attitude from you. Let's see. Says here you're a service manager. And just how often do you or your techs go throwing parts at a problem and billing for them before verifying the customer really needs them?

Service manager... yea right.