Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ar-m350 / 450

Technician
    Yes, we have cleaned the PS units with no change in symptoms. However I just now had a new PS unit overnighted based on a loose theory that maybe the PS roller is worn or the bushings and it is affecting the amount of pressure the paper dust remover applies to it. We shall see. The machines range from 300 - 750K . I hate blindly throwing parts at a problem but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ar-m350 / 450

750k to 1M is normal yield for the registration assembly.

Sorry, I can't call it a Paper Stop Assembly when every other manufaturer calls it a registration assembly.

Technician
    Call it a Paper Stop, call it Registration Assembly, call it a waste of money. Installed it and didn't do squat. So just to recap...we have abnormal buildup of paper dust/lint on the drum blade causing streaks. Drum blade can be cleaned but streaks come back after a couple days once the buildup occurs again. Have tried aftermarket and OEM paper dust removers, OEM drums and blades, new registration assy. Also tried modifying the paper dust removers to apply more pressure to the reg. roller. Nothing works. Tried vacuuming out waste toner augers as a shot in the dark. Tried higher quaility paper...still the buildup occurs and the streaks return. I think we're cursed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts choicecopyguy's Avatar
    Just a shot in the dark, but, are you using OEM toner and DV?

Technician
    Yes, OEM toner and DV. I almost wish we weren't just so we would have something else to try. The latest shot in the dark....we found that the ozone filter in the transport area had a section that was plugged with paper dust. For now we just removed the dang thing hoping to suck as much paper dust out of the thing as possible. My head is getting pretty lumpy from banging it against the wall.

Ar-m350 / 450

Do you actually see paper dust under the blade, or is this a theory?

As a not-cleaning problem there are other possibilities........
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 02-27-2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: can't speell

Technician
    Yes, you can actually see the paper dust plain as day. It builds up all along the entire length of the blade but it builds thicker in random areas and causes the streaks. If left to run without cleaning the blade every couple of days it will actually start to wear the drum. As you could imagine this little gem of a problem is costing us a fortune in parts and labor as well as weaking our customer relationships. Now I'm just whining.

Technical 50+ Posts
    We had a similar problem which turned out to be static build up.
    I would check all ares of earth connection.

If not, do you have the machine at your home base, if so, I know you said that all types of paper are used but does your paper work the best.

cheap paper can be sold under various brands.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts choicecopyguy's Avatar
    Approx. how many copies between buildup? This sounds like way too much dust for even bad paper. I would pull one into the shop remove covers, drum, dv ect. hit it with the air hose and see what comes out. Then check operations with covers off, make sure all fans are working.

Ar-m350 / 450

This is totally uncharacteristic for a Tiger, even with the worst paper.

ATSBMCO has a good idea. Make sure that you don't have a significant ground to neutral AC voltage. I would imagine that you're ground would have to be completely absent to accumulate that much static buildup.