Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

MX3110n - Timing issue ??

Hi All, I have a MX3110n that was just recently installed. It's only done about 350 pages. The problem I'm having is that on every job, whether it be a copy or print, it jams at the rollers just before the rego rollers (see attached). The moment you press copy, the paper transport stage begins and then you here it smack against these rollers. Normally this process is right, although the paper actually feeds through the rego rollers and sits about an inch and a half above while waiting for the image. I've checked all sensors and they are working. The error in the log after the jam is "PPD2_N1". A test of all motors and clutches seem to be normal. As the title says, It seems like a timing issue. Any ideas Guys ????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX3110n - Timing issue ??

The first thing to look at is the ppd2 sensor. There is a tb-663 that covers this we have seen many with this problem

Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

Resolved. It was under warranty so I replaced the whole paper feed drive section. Problem solved. As I said all motors and clutches were working so I'd say a timing board attached to the unit.

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar

Most probable cuse is the PS unit sensor. Easu=iest way to determine wether or not it's electrical or mechanical is do the following. Enter SIM 7-1 turn off misfeed detect. Exit sim and test if it passes it's a sensor if it jams it's mechanical because it turns off the sensor detection.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

There is a known issue with the PPD2 sensor being the same frequncy as components on the PCU pwb. The new style sensors are blue in color with the old style being grey.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Hi all
    I am having a similar problem on a MX5112 , Very intermittent though, service print outs reveal PPD2 NL (using LCC) jams . paper jams exactly the same place , replaced modified PPD2 sensor , Will Try Feed Unit next , again this is a new machine so will be under warranty. Stripped PS unit and there are two black idle rollers under transport roller which seem to be too high , if you manually slide a piece of paper into the roller there seems too much resistant before it gets into rollers to be driven onto the ppd2 sensor , hard to descibe i know but try it , maybe a added mylar might help?.