Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    just another tech 100+ Posts

Problem fixed, just info. MX-M450N rebooting

I recently had an MX-M450N that would completely reboot anytime a print job when to it. Copying was fine.

Power was good, projected voltage drop was fine, surge protector was good. I replaced the MFP board (Printer board) with no change, the main board with no change, tried a new nic, new flash roms, memory, etc. Nothing worked. I did however accidently wipe the scan option (which I recovered from Sharp). None of these parts however were new, since we have parts machines for troubleshooting.

After all that, it turns out I jumped the gun and the problem was a print job stuck in a customers computer that I didn't even know was there. I was aware of all of the PCs in the office but one and that one had an errored out print job that was still trying to print somehow. And every time it tried it made the Sharp copier reboot. I cleared the print queue and everything is great now. I did not even know that was possible.

Just trying to save anyone else some time if this happens to you.
    Best rule for troubleshooting.
    K I S S Keep It Simple Stupid

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Problem fixed, just info. MX-M450N rebooting

Re: Problem fixed, just info. MX-M450N rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by nathansipe View Post
    I recently had an MX-M450N that would completely reboot anytime a print job when to it. Copying was fine.

Power was good, projected voltage drop was fine, surge protector was good. I replaced the MFP board (Printer board) with no change, the main board with no change, tried a new nic, new flash roms, memory, etc. Nothing worked. I did however accidently wipe the scan option (which I recovered from Sharp). None of these parts however were new, since we have parts machines for troubleshooting.

After all that, it turns out I jumped the gun and the problem was a print job stuck in a customers computer that I didn't even know was there. I was aware of all of the PCs in the office but one and that one had an errored out print job that was still trying to print somehow. And every time it tried it made the Sharp copier reboot. I cleared the print queue and everything is great now. I did not even know that was possible.

Good to know. I believe there's usually a C class error code that may present itself with this symptom, I had a similar problem with an MXM450 earlier last year. It was resolved with a firmware update actually, so be sure your firmware is the latest!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Angry Re: Problem fixed, just info. MX-M450N rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by nathansipe View Post

YUP, I faced same problem with my client ar-m351u, reboot ......reboot....reboot.............non stop
    When pull out network cable , everthing fine. swap ram, nic card no help.Finally found that one of computers using another printer driver(not sharp) but sharp tcp/ip port.