Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    back up eeprom data to hdd, change the eeprom(24c32) and restore from hdd.
    first time i heard this thing happen.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Total Count stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    back up eeprom data to hdd, change the eeprom(24c32) and restore from hdd.
    first time i heard this thing happen.
    We had this happen on an MXM350U. It was a nightmare. The machine had been converted to an "N" machine by adding a print controller and also had network scan installed. So it had the special "P" flash roms on the MFP board that came with the print controller kit, as well as the product key assigned for the NSX1 scanner kit. We were told to change the Flash roms, which our tech did, but he changed them with the stock "N" flash roms, and it didnt fix the problem and created more. Unfortunately he tossed out the "P" flash roms and we had to purchase another printer expansion kit to get those.
    We ended up having to change the EEPROM which I'm sure all of you know clears about everything. It did fix the problem though. We had also switched about the PCU and MFP board, along with the flash roms, before this problem was corrected. It all came back to the EEPROM.

BTW, the "stuck" count went on for about 6 months before anyone noticed. It would count up from whatever number it was at until the machine went to sleep or was turned off then it would always revert back to that number. After changing the EEPROM, and everything else we did, the problem has not resurfaced.

Good luck.