Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MX2300 + FNX1 woes

Hi there,

We have some headaches with a combination of MX2300 and FNX1. The papers come out unharmed and get pulled back properly, but atleast 1/3 of the papers are not aligned properly after being patted for stapling. Usually a paper seems to get misaligned during the patting, so that the staple goes through the paper at the very edge, or sometimes the paper is thrusted so far that it can't even be pulled back and the staple misses it completely.

The thing is, we've tried three different finishers with this MX2300, and all of them produce similar results. However, when any on these finishers is fitted into a spare MX3501, it works correctly. That is, 3 FNX1s work incorrectly with the MX2300, all of them work just fine with the MX3501.

We have installed the newest firmware (both the copier and the finisher updated) and we have also tried adjusting the patting with sim 03-10. These haven't helped.

I'd gladly hear any suggestions on what to try next. I guess there's something obvios we've missed.

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar

Re: MX2300 + FNX1 woes

Have yopu upgraded the machine with the most recent firmware????

Technician

Yes, we have updated the latest firmware for both the machine and the finisher. The finisher was updated with the FW version that is specifically compatible with MX2300 (to eliminate the possibility of the finisher working at a different speed than the MX2300).

Interestingly we have installed the finisher on another MX2300, and that combination didn't work either. I'm just completely baffled as to why this happens. We double checked, installed the FNX1 on the MX3501 again, and everything works beautifully. No problems whatsoever.

But the damned MX2300s just refuse to work.

The latest firmware that was produced for the FNX1 was for the 35cpm machine.

The previous version was listed for use with the 23cpm machine.

Check the PDF document that was downloaded with your firmware to ensure you are using the proper version for your machine.

Technician

Well I suppose the firmware we used was for the correct finisher as its filename had the addition MX2300.

Additionally, we also tried the MX2300 finisher which came with the compatible FNX1 firmware. We use our own regional firmware (Northern Europe) and our files do not have any PDF documentation, just single .sfu files. But as said, we tried two different firmwares, both of them labeled for use with MX2300s.

Well, anyway, because of other reasons we ended up replacing the machine with a newer one, MX2614, so currently we have no problem with this behavior. So I guess we'll just sweep it under the carpet for the time being.

In any case, thanks for your help.