Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sharp 407

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DINGO's Avatar

sharp 407

hello
    my questions is, y have a ar - 407 and y canīt print in mode lpr??? but y saw in thius forum that is possible
    Y need your help for this, who y con do print in lpr, because y can print only in raw, and if is better lpr , and wy??
    and y want to your opinion abou the drives, who are better, pcl5/pcl6 or postscript, and if possible for y undurstand why??

thanks a lot

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    You can try to RAW print with a port of 10001. LPR seems to work better with XP and 2000 with a queue name of lp. I prefer the pcl5e driver the best as this has given me the least problems of the 3. The ps driver is not availible unless you have the postscript upgrade. This is tue in all Sharps, so if the customer wants to use postscript (aka the gov) then be sure that you get the upgrade! Not sure if this is what you are asking!

Bil

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DINGO's Avatar
    Hello
    thanks, y already print in raw, port 9100, or 10001,and it works very well whit postscript, and very fast too.
    This ar-407 print almost in the same time like one ar-m450 whith pcl5e, for exemple one file 50 mb.

The same ar-407 whith pcl5e, or pcl6 drives, the same file receive very very slaw??? almost 10x more??