Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp AR-M355

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GottaFixEmAll's Avatar

Sharp AR-M355

Hi, I wrote in awhile ago about jamming at the delivery / turnover area, the machine has the FN-6 finisher and it was suggested that the gate that either lets the paper go into the finisher or paper to come out onto the top of it as in duplex was warped. I removed and disassembled that unit and the gate looks good ?? the jam codes I'm getting: AINPD_N 18 times, POD1_S 2 times ~ I presume the POD1-S refers to the delivery unit ~ does the AINPD_N refer to the Finisher ?? ~ if it is that gate, does anyone know the part # ??? ~ Thanks !!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355

Re: Sharp AR-M355

Quote Originally Posted by GottaFixEmAll View Post
    Hi, I wrote in awhile ago about jamming at the delivery / turnover area, the machine has the FN-6 finisher and it was suggested that the gate that either lets the paper go into the finisher or paper to come out onto the top of it as in duplex was warped. I removed and disassembled that unit and the gate looks good ?? the jam codes I'm getting: AINPD_N 18 times, POD1_S 2 times ~ I presume the POD1-S refers to the delivery unit ~ does the AINPD_N refer to the Finisher ?? ~ if it is that gate, does anyone know the part # ??? ~ Thanks !!
    AINPD relates to the duplex transport section; most likely the top sensor is slow to return, adding a wrap to the spring will generally fix the trouble.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DINGO's Avatar

about the AINPD, is in the top of ADU, like ZOOTECH said, and sometimes i usualy lubrificate that, without disassamble, and works.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355

Nine possibilities (there is some duplication):

Misfeeds (jam code POD1N, AINPDN). The paper is supposed to invert before exiting into the left exit tray. Instead the paper exits on top of the printer engine, then shows a jam condition. The switch flags in the delivery/turnover have been greased from the factory, and return slowly. The switch flags in the delivery/turnover have been greased from the factory, and return slowly.

Misfeeds (jam code POD1N, AINPDN, POD1S) accordians in the delivery. Creases in feed direction on all copies & prints. The delivery idler rollers crumble from prolonged exposure to heat from the fuser (634k copies). Replace the delivery/turnover unit (CFRM-1020DS52). Remember to remove the extension on the exit flag if a mailbox or AR-FN6 is present.

Misfeeds (jam code POD1N, POD2N, AINPDN, PPD1ST1) accordianned between the the fuser and the first delivery roller. The one-way bearings in the delivery drive slip (at 100% duplex 225k copies). Replace the delivery/turnover unit (CFRM-1020DS52). Remember to remove the extension on the exit flag if a mailbox or AR-FN6 is present.

Misfeeds (jam code POD1S, AINPDN), won't clear, on new installation of the duplexer. Deformed switch actuator on the ADU Paper Stop Position 1 Sensor hangs up on the side of the slot for the flag. Reform or replace the switch actuator for the ADU Paper Stop Position 1 Sensor (QSW-Z0526FCZZ).

Misfeeds (jam code POD2N, AINPDN) in the delivery/turnover. The customer has removed or broken the diverter gate from the left side door. Re-install or replace the diverter gate (PGIDM2077FCZ1) and E-clip.

Misfeeds (jam code POD2N, AINPDN) in the delivery/turnover. The diverter gate has a 2mm warp, down in the center. Paper cuts are visible toward the center. Toner chunks stick to the diverter gate in the upper left side door. Replace the diverter gate (PGIDM2077FCZ1).

"U6-00, F1-00, F1-80" errors. Misfeeds (jam code POD2SR, POD1SR, AINPDN). Very low copies 30K. Communication trouble (U6-00: Desk/LCC, F1-00: Finisher FN6, F1-80: Finisher 24V power loss). Misfeeds (POD2 remaining jam, POD1 remaining jam, ADU paper entry sensor not reaching jam). Poor connection at Desk/LCC controller PWB. Reseat connector CN-F on the Desk/LCC controller PWB. Also check PCU, power supply, & accessory power supply.

Misfeeds (jam code AINPDN, POD1N, POD1S) when duplexing. The leading edge of the paper is folded under 2mm at the center of the page. Worn paper feed tires in tray #1. Replace the paper feed tires in tray #1([2] NROLR1311FCZZ, [1] NROLR1312FCZZ).

Misfeeds (jam code AINPD_N, APOD_N). The trailing edge of the copy gets snagged in paper cuts in the inverter gate when the paper is being inverted for duplex or face down delivery. Replace the inverter gate.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355

The dampening pad (foam) for the inverter gate (black) for the finisher gets sticky and used to cause jams EVERY morning after sitting idle overnight. Should cause the duplex sensor delay jams I would bet. Replacing that tiny pad (both sides? can't remember) or covering it with tape, or removing altogether (you'll get a clacking noise when it activates though) may fix it. It was hard to track down at first 'cause it always worked after the gate broke loose of the sticky pad.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355

Was originally posted in May, gents. OP probably gave up on it long ago, Dingo just revived a dead thread is all, I certainly hope you didn't type all of that out, Blackcat!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    ... I certainly hope you didn't type all of that out, Blackcat!
    Cut/Paste from the spreadsheet. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by GottaFixEmAll View Post
    I've had this problem many times it usually is caused by the actuater i've removed and sanded it down so there is no burrs on it replaced and greased