We have a MX-5111N that I have configured LDAP to lookup email addresses in our active directory. There are 2 issues I'm having though.

1. I can't get the ldap address book to be used as default. In the web admin interface I go toAddress Book on the left menu, and select Global Address Book under that. I click on the address book I created in the ldap settings, and select the option To Be Used By Defaut and click Submit. Back on the list of adrress books, there is a * in the Default column for my LDAP address book. However, when I go to the MFP and select Scan to E-Mail and click on the search icon next to the To:, the default "Address Book" appears as the target, and I have to click on the drop down and select my ldap address book in order to do a lookup.

2. Is there a way to make it default to wildcard searcing? I have it set to search the displayName attribute in active directory, which by default is the users first and last name (although you can modify that). However, it is very cumbersome to search for anyting but the first name because it does not do a like wildcard search. For instance say my name is John Smith. Here are some searches

John (works)
Joh (works)
Smith (does not work)
*Smith (works)
*Smit (does not work)
*Smit* (works)

So while it is easy to search by someones first name, it becomes pretty hard to search by someones last name. It'd be nice if you could somehow modify the ldap query being sent .

Thanks!