Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX2600 User Number being saved

MX2600 User Number being saved

I have a customer with a MX2600 that wants his employees to imput the User number everytime they print. I am finding that when they input the user number in the printing prferences for the document it is being saved in the printing preferences for the driver. Other choice such as 2 sided and staple are not being saved. Does anyone have an Idea on how to stop this from being saved?
    Thanks
    Travis

Re: MX2600 User Number being saved

For the newer models in the driver Printing Defaults, under the Advanced tab, you can tick to enable User ID / username / etc; and leaving them blank, a popup dialog is created when they print.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Go to the configuration tab and click on the printing policy tab if there is one and tick user number in there and it will prompt each time you click print.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

On the main page of the driver, there is a pull down menu that will say Factory Defaults or Untitled. When you change ANYTHING, it becomes Untitled. You can then set up your custom job i.e. 2 sided, color, folded, stapled, etc... You can then click the save button, give it a name and you are done. That way, they can pulled down and select the saved preset without having to check 9 boxes everytime. We use this all the time for booklets at the churches. These presets will also hold the user number. Great for separate codes for mono and color.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I know I'm late to the party but I'm leaving this here for anyone who find it.
    There is a button that says "Auto Job Control Review" on the Job handling tab of the driver, if you check this box it will prompt for a code each time the users print.

blog.equipmybiz.com