Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question High pitched noise: MX26xx

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have come across an issue with newer MX26xx machines. I've encountered atleast five individual devices with a high pitched noise emerging from somewhere inside them. There's no need to copy anything, simply touching the panel can be enough. It lasts for something like 10 to 20 seconds and then dies off quickly, like a fast fan powering off suddenly. Or could it be something like a large coil vibrating or some other component?

As said, I've encountered this with at least five devices we've shipped out recently, and some of the customers who sit near the machines are hearing it too. Quite annoying sound if you ask me, I wouldn't want to listen to it all day long.

Has anyone of you heard this, and if so, do you think something could be done to it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Re: High pitched noise: MX26xx

I have noticed the LSU motors are noisier than the other models. If I remember right they told me at class that Sharp went back to the "OIL bearing instead of the "air float style". I have told my rep. and he already had heard other complaints. You can test the polygon motor in sims to hear it. I replace the first one but the new motor made just as much noise.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    High pitched noise: MX26xx

Lightbulb Re: High pitched noise: MX26xx

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Re: High pitched noise: MX26xx

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    I have noticed the LSU motors are noisier than the other models.
    Thanks for the reply!

I'll test one device tomorrow and see what happens.