Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Stuck List Prints on MX-5111N

We have a customer with an MX-5111N with a weird issue that has happened twice in the past two weeks. It seems that the copier tries to do some List Prints by itself and then these jobs get stuck in the print queue. Both times, there were two stuck list prints.

The first time it happened, the staff raised the priority of their print jobs ahead of the stuck jobs to get them to print out. They did this for over a week, before the machine would not let them raise priority anymore. At this time, they finally called us to fix this problem. I confirmed that the jobs were stuck and there was no option to Stop/Delete them. Fully shutting-down the copier and unplugging it for a minute did not solve the issue either.

I finally cleared the print jobs by doing SIM 62-10. I re-flashed the firmware as a precaution and everything worked fine.

The problem returned about a week later. I could scan, copy, and print without issue, but these two jobs remained in the job queue. Again, the only way to clear the stuck jobs was to do a memory clear (62-10).

The stuck jobs are asking for 8.5 x 11R paper. Even when I put LetterR in a tray, it will not print.

If you select an individual job, you have no option to stop or delete the job. If you go into "Multi-select" mode, you can select both jobs and then receive the option to stop/delete. If you choose stop/delete, the copier simply "de-selects" both jobs and you are back to square one.

I reseated the SD card and DIMMs on the MFP board the last time I was there. I verified that "Prohibit Notice Page" was checked. I did notice that there is a newer version firmware (ver8.00 instead of copier's ver7.00) out now, but no mention of this problem.

Anyone run across anything like this before? What would be the next step besides updating to v8.00.R1 firmware? Run the Sims to check the memory modules and HDD?

I am adding some pictures to this. Sorry that some are blurry. You'll be able to see that the only way to get a Stop/Delete option is to do Multi-selection, but it doesn't delete them.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Stuck List Prints on MX-5111N

Do they have a fax? If they have Activity Reports set to print out maybe there is a weird memory problem with the fax. i would update firmware to 8.00 and also clear fax memory SIM 66-10.
    Sounds like a weird problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

They do have a fax.

I will make sure to clear its memory as well and check for any fax-related, automatic print-outs. ( I think you can set the Activity Reports to print out at specified intervals, i.e. every morning at 8AM)

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

"Again, the only way to clear the stuck jobs was to do a memory clear (62-10)." This will clear job log status, not memory; as mentioned above 66-10 will clear image memory.
    I see that you have tray 2 set for 8.5x11R (plain paper), but in tray settings is it "checked" for Fax and Print option?
    First photo tells you why it wont print - it doesn't see 8.5x11R paper loaded; either the tray is not checked for fax/print or it's not sensing paper in the tray.
    Have you tried another paper tray set for letterR?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Update: I was able to swing by there today and do a few things. The issue had not returned yet.

First, I upgraded the firmware from v7.01 to v8.01.

I checked the Paper Tray settings. Only Tray 4 was set for Fax. The other three trays were set for Copy, Printer, and Document Filing. ( I subsequently approved Fax for Trays 1 and 2). I also checked to see if fax Activity Reports were set to print out either Daily or at Full Memory. They were not enabled, so it should not be printing any fax activity reports.

Also, I ran some SIMs to check the machine:
    SIM 60-1 = check MFP memory - OK
    SIM 66-2 = check Fax country code - confirmed was set to USA
    SIM 66-3 = check fax memory - OK
    SIM 66-10 = clear fax memory - OK
    SIM 62-2 = HDD test(partial) - OK
    SIM 62-6 = HDD S.M.A.R.T test - OK
    SIM 62-10 = Job Log clear - OK

I also looked through the settings for anything that may produce a printout. The only setting that should produce a printout was the fax sending error report, which I still left on so they know when a fax failed to be sent.

I will update this if the problem re-occurs.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I was going to chime in and say make sure all trays have the access to print each mode.
    For some reason when you clone an older machine and upload the settings into the new models it will screw those paper settings up.

Skelton Business Equipment