Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX-FN13 FPPD1_N

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MX-FN13 FPPD1_N

Good Monday to all! I am having problems with an MX-FN13 in an MX-M260. The problem is intermittent, only happening maybe once in 300 copies. The machine will be going to a location outside our servicing area and I would like to get it 100% before it leaves the shop. I am testing this off-lease machine by running 2 sided 8 1/2 x 11 copies. The jam code is FPPD1_N. Not positive it was a bad sensor (and not having the sensor or a part number) I continued testing. Turns out, it looks like the finished copy is trying to exit the machine body on the wrong side of the FN13 paper gate. The FPPD1_N is coming up because the paper isn't getting to that sensor due to the diversion of the paper gate. If the paper has been copied on the first side and needs to go back for the back side copy, the paper goes above the gate. If the copy has been completed on both sides, it should exit below the gate.

I removed the front cover of the FN13 and watched the gate solenoid while the paper exited. The solenoid does not have a quick, crisp action. The plunger seems to move in slow motion. I did not find any binding when I removed the solenoid & plunger & manually activated the gate as well as the plunger. I don't have prior experience to know if this slow action of the plunger is normal. There doesn't seem to be the need for real quick solenoid action unless it is causing jamming.

Any input would be appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MX-FN13 FPPD1_N

Lightbulb Re: MX-FN13 FPPD1_N

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX-FN13 FPPD1_N

It looks like removing the "paper in gate spring" took care of the problem. This was part of a modification made by Sharp.

I had encountered a similar issue. I replaced the paper in gate as well as adjusted the paper in gate solenoid. Seems to have fixed the issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldrn View Post
    It looks like removing the "paper in gate spring" took care of the problem. This was part of a modification made by Sharp.
    I know this is an old thread but did removing the spring really fixed the problem ? Did sharp released a TSB about this ? I'm having the same issue with a mxfn13, tried to replace the solenoid with no luck.

Have you tried adjusting the solenoid? Left to ride to widen the gap?
    Quote Originally Posted by divad2k1 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but did removing the spring really fixed the problem ? Did sharp released a TSB about this ? I'm having the same issue with a mxfn13, tried to replace the solenoid with no luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes i did.