Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700N new fuser not fusing at left end, second one doing this

I purchased a brand new genuine Sharp fuser from a well known supplier and it was not fusing at the left end (smeared print and toner can be rubbed off), so they replaced it. A few weeks later I get the same complaint from the customer and indeed I checked it and it is not fusing properly after about 5 pages into a run. They don't always have print that high on the page so it did not appear as a problem until yesterday, but I bet it was not fusing well from the beginning. I am going to have to ask them to replace this one also but I may see the same problem with the third one possibly!? Has anyone heard of a bad batch of Sharp fusers for this model?

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-2700N new fuser not fusing at left end, second one doing this

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    I purchased a brand new genuine Sharp fuser from a well known supplier and it was not fusing at the left end (smeared print and toner can be rubbed off), so they replaced it. A few weeks later I get the same complaint from the customer and indeed I checked it and it is not fusing properly after about 5 pages into a run. They don't always have print that high on the page so it did not appear as a problem until yesterday, but I bet it was not fusing well from the beginning. I am going to have to ask them to replace this one also but I may see the same problem with the third one possibly!? Has anyone heard of a bad batch of Sharp fusers for this model?
    Make sure the pressure release tabs on the sides are in the down position. If left up they will do exactly what you're describing, in that toner will not be fused properly and will rub off the pages. You'll also have toner appearing on the backs of the pages as it flakes off the pressure roller from the buildup on the hot roller.

When those older models of fusers are shipped anywhere, generally they'll have some sort of stoppers underneath the pressure tabs to keep them in the up position, this is to prevent flat spots from forming on the pressure roller while the fuser is not in use. After it's loaded in the machine, the copier will rotate the fuser periodically for the same reason.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Thank you for letting me know, I checked with the customer and indeed one of the tabs was up. I really appreciate this info!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

It may be time for a career change.....

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

You don't say much my friend, but when you do it's to the point, and I salute you for it.

A career change would be welcome if it paid more and was easier on the back but in my defense have you ever seen a fuser where there is a difficult to see tab that when left up the machine's door will still close? I haven't with any Ricohs or K-Ms or Xerox or Toshiba or any of the other machines I have worked on. So is this wonderful fuser lever design exclusive to the Sharp product? And are there any other hidden levers I need to know about? Not LOL!