Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Sharp MX 5500 and 6200 Color Issues.

Hello All,

I have 2 machines out in the field that are having the same kind of issues. The issue that I am having with these two machines is that the color is starting to fade. One machine the color has vertical blank lines and the other has horizontal lines on the prints and copies. I have attached a sample from one of the machines.

The work that was performed is a Color DV change about 20k copies ago. Color drums and charges have also been replaced as well. I also tried another spare DV unit that we had, however the copy quality is still unacceptable. Any ideas would be appreciated. Firmware and Calibration were also attempted.

My initial instinct was to change out the DV powder because of the image density issues however that was replaced not too long ago, and as you may know color DV is not cheap. Thank you all for your time.

-James
    Scan_2013_08_01_15_37_01_332.pdf

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX 5500 and 6200 Color Issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JStreamline View Post
    Hello All,

I have 2 machines out in the field that are having the same kind of issues. The issue that I am having with these two machines is that the color is starting to fade. One machine the color has vertical blank lines and the other has horizontal lines on the prints and copies. I have attached a sample from one of the machines.

The work that was performed is a Color DV change about 20k copies ago. Color drums and charges have also been replaced as well. I also tried another spare DV unit that we had, however the copy quality is still unacceptable. Any ideas would be appreciated. Firmware and Calibration were also attempted.

My initial instinct was to change out the DV powder because of the image density issues however that was replaced not too long ago, and as you may know color DV is not cheap. Thank you all for your time.

-James
    Make sure your primary transfer roller grounding springs are attached.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Hello All,

-James

Does it happen on all colors or just magenta? Try taking the dv unit out and turn the mag roller my hand. Make sure there is a consistent brush of dv on the mag roller. Also check the primary transfer belt rollers. Make sure they are sitting correctly and making good contact with the drums.

Quote Originally Posted by rufio311 View Post
    Does it happen on all colors or just magenta? Try taking the dv unit out and turn the mag roller my hand. Make sure there is a consistent brush of dv on the mag roller. Also check the primary transfer belt rollers. Make sure they are sitting correctly and making good contact with the drums.
    The color defect is appearing on magenta and cyan. Black seems to be fine, and yellow is too light to see any kind of discrepancies. I dropped by the clients location to study the CQ issue some more to see if I could pin point the issue. After making a couple of copies, I noticed that the vertical lines are never in the same spot. They seem to shift. They also advised me that this happened right after a big job that they completed.

I checked the ground springs located to the rear of the transfer belt, and from what I can see everything looks well.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: Sharp MX 5500 and 6200 Color Issues.

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Have you tried to change the Solenoid Clutch that opens the shutter frame on the LCU? (Sharp partscode RPLU-0368FCZZ)

Over time these will be worn out and don’t have enough power to open up the shutter frame all the way, and will result as the example you attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpanapa View Post
    Have you tried to change the Solenoid Clutch that opens the shutter frame on the LCU? (Sharp partscode RPLU-0368FCZZ)

Over time these will be worn out and don’t have enough power to open up the shutter frame all the way, and will result as the example you attached.
    I have not looked into the shutter frame at all to be honest. However, last week I was able to get a hold of a set of new dv units. I installed them and the vertical lines on magenta and cyan went away. The fixed only lasted for a day and the machine shows an error code of F2-66. When I reboot the machine I hear a clicking sound around the toner area right where the magenta sits. I have replaced the motor behind the toner, and I checked the openings to where the toner drops in. Machine will state it is adjusting copy quality, then it starts clicking for a few minutes then gives that error code. It sounds like the machine is trying to get magenta toner but it can't.

I thought I had figured this one out, but it has come back to haunt me...
    Do you guys have any other suggestions?

I have found the solution with the help of my manager. We have found toner that has hardened in the toner tubes located right underneath the toners. This was causing the toner not to drop into the developer unit.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

I have found the solution with the help of my manager. We have found toner that has hardened in the toner tubes located right underneath the toners. This was causing the toner not to drop into the developer unit.
    Classic - thanks for the update.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --