Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Sharpdesk is missing Email Output button

I have a customer that's missing the email output button in Sharpdesk. I've been doing this a long time and I've never seen this problem.

We have installed 3.2 and 3.3 and neither had it. Does she need to specify a default email program within Windows?
    I don't know what else to try.

Anyone have any ideas?

blog.equipmybiz.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Sharpdesk is missing Email Output button

In 3.3 there is an applications drop down menu. You should be able to add her email application there. I have had a few installs where it did not show up on Sharpdesk. I think it has something to do with the windows live mail application since this is the only time I can remember it not showing up.

Good luck.

Bil
    Last edited by bilyahn; 08-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

I've stated numerous times throughout various posts in CTN, if Sharpdesk can be avoided at all, do so. It's only a hassle between all the firewall issues and profiles etc., only really useful for the OCR as the copier is fully capable of doing all of the scanning functions on its own.

Any possibility of skipping Sharpdesk?
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    In 3.3 there is an applications drop down menu. You should be able to add her email application there. I have had a few installs where it did not show up on Sharpdesk. I think it has something to do with the windows live mail application since this is the only time I can remember it not showing up.

Good luck.

Bil
    Thanks for the suggestion Bil, but that button will only add an application, it won't run a "Make new message with this file attached" script. I think the problem lies with the registry entries for Outlook 2013. It's as if Sharpdesk thinks there is no mail client installed on the workstation.
    The email button isnt there, and the network scanner tool profile creator has the Email option greyed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I've stated numerous times throughout various posts in CTN, if Sharpdesk can be avoided at all, do so. It's only a hassle between all the firewall issues and profiles etc., only really useful for the OCR as the copier is fully capable of doing all of the scanning functions on its own.

Any possibility of skipping Sharpdesk?
    Trust me, I RARELY use it anymore. Unfortunately this customer is on a AR-M355 so scanning with SMB is not an option, and email scanning is limited since we cant use SSL.

The problem is I'm trying to please the customer since she heavily relies on this function. I got zero help from Sharp tech assistance, no surprise there, and I'm waiting on a return email from a few others at Sharp who may be able to help me out.

blog.equipmybiz.com

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

You can set them up on a Gmail account and use it without SSL.

Details can be found here:
    Use gmail's smtp server without SSL - Here we are

Should bypass your problem entirely. I'm surprised more people aren't aware of this!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar
    Go into internet explorer settings and set up a default mail ie. Outlook. Then uninstall and reinstall sharpdesk. This almost always fixes the issue for me. Good luck. DPB.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    You can set them up on a Gmail account and use it without SSL.

Details can be found here:
    Use gmail's smtp server without SSL - Here we are

Should bypass your problem entirely. I'm surprised more people aren't aware of this!
    I'm completely aware of it and use it often, she's just partial to the Sharpdesk. If there is no simple fix I will recommend this. Thanks, Akitu!

blog.equipmybiz.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin(WOP) View Post
    Go into internet explorer settings and set up a default mail ie. Outlook. Then uninstall and reinstall sharpdesk. This almost always fixes the issue for me. Good luck. DPB.
    I tried it in the default programs for windows...I didn't think to try it with with IE. I'll give it a shot, thanks, Dustin.

blog.equipmybiz.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have only been able to do it in Default Programs in Control Panel. If she is using web based email, it will not appear. As far as I know, the emails have to go through Outlook, Outlook Express or a like program

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MHeon71 View Post
    I have only been able to do it in Default Programs in Control Panel. If she is using web based email, it will not appear. As far as I know, the emails have to go through Outlook, Outlook Express or a like program
    She is using outlook 2013. I'm confident that is where the problem lies. I doubt Sharp has updated whatever they need to for Sharpdesk to recognize this program.

blog.equipmybiz.com