Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: mx-6240/7040

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    mx-6240/7040

mx-6240/7040

Anyone having issue with jamming in fuser were paper goes under separation guide and is caught up in between frame and fuser belt? I have 3 in field doing it, all with less than 100k on fuser. Today I tried installing a new web on one of them, will report back if it solves issue.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: mx-6240/7040

I have more than a dozen of these in the field. Yep, they all do it. If the lead edge is dark, its all over. The 50-28 sheets at set up jammed so bad, the entire top of the fuser had to be removed to get the page out.
    We changed 2 settings and they are all (knock on wood) running well.
    1. set fuser control to the 23-28lb setting.
    2. SIM 43-1 set all temps to -10. The new machines only have increments of 5 + or -. Even with the lower temp, copy quality has not suffered thus far and the 50-28 sheets glide right through.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    mx-6240/7040

Re: mx-6240/7040

This information comes from a long term friend of Copytechnet. I can affirm that I've use similar procedures for fuser wraps on a wide variety of different manufacturers and models:

I've had this plenty of times and this adjustment has all of our Polaris machines running perfectly.

Its common for high toner coverage on lead edge sticking to the fuser belt & passing under the separation plate. There is no adjustment for the separation plate.... its locked into place by the frame.
    I have found that increasing the lead-edge void manually to abit bigger than specification is all that needs to be done.
    After adjusting the lead-edge void larger manually in sim 50-5, you basically stop this issue completely.
    The defaults for items A & B are usually around 30. Making both of these values 50 as the new default creates a much larger lead-edge void (but small enough for the users not to notice or complain about). Then any job with a high coverage lead-edge will not stick to the belt as it passes through the fuser correctly.
    The above adjustment is for Print. If your users are having this issue on Copy, then make the same adjustments in sim 50-01.

I have found that in locations where either 50% or 100% recycled 80gsm paper is used, this adjustment definitely needs to be made. In locations which only use top-quality 100gsm plain media, it doesnt need to be done. The thinner 80gsm media tends to curl as soon as it hits the fuser belt thus amplifing the problem further.

The usual default fuser temp higher setting in Device Control is something which should be done by default and definitely helps too.

Make sure you are running at least version 3.00 firmware and the machine is calibrated as normal procedure.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=