Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MX2610 Magenta colour shift

I have got an MX2610 that is shifting the Magenta by approximately 10mm about one in five pages.I have changed the drum unit, upgraded the firmware to latest version and stripped and inspected the drum drive, which looks fine.
    If you carry out drum registration(Sim 50-22) it pulls it back in for a while but then goes off after a few hundred copies/prints.
    The machine has only got 90k in total on it and is in very clean enviroment.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX2610 Magenta colour shift

Last I heard there were 2 in the world doing this, Sharp still does not know why.
    I guess that makes three.....

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I've had one do this, turned out to be the LSU board.

Quote Originally Posted by claritymark View Post
    I have got an MX2610 that is shifting the Magenta by approximately 10mm about one in five pages.I have changed the drum unit, upgraded the firmware to latest version and stripped and inspected the drum drive, which looks fine.
    If you carry out drum registration(Sim 50-22) it pulls it back in for a while but then goes off after a few hundred copies/prints.
    The machine has only got 90k in total on it and is in very clean enviroment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatfingers73 View Post
    I've had one do this, turned out to be the LSU board.
    I was able to take care of one problem like this with just re-seating the power connector of the LSU. It was really difficult to remove (corrosion build up?), and after re-installing, has worked since.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Just giving you an update, we have replaced the laser unit and then the LSU control board and still it is the same, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

I wouldn't have jumped for the LSU board. Reflash your machine with the latest firmware and perform a full calibration. 44-27, 61-04, 50-28 and 50-22 and 46-74

Can't say for sure if it will fix your problem, but it's definitely a great place to start.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I wouldn't have jumped for the LSU board. Reflash your machine with the latest firmware and perform a full calibration. 44-27, 61-04, 50-28 and 50-22 and 46-74

Can't say for sure if it will fix your problem, but it's definitely a great place to start.
    Agree with this and replace the primary transfer belt whether it looks good or not. It is one of those "AM / FM" fixes (Another Miracle / Freaking Magic) that will take care of it.
    There is no rhyme or reason why it works, but trust me and my 'brother from another mother', it will take care of the problem. The thing is, the PTB will probably work in another machine.
    If you're having a registration problem, replace the PTB.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

I don't see this mentioned anywhere, but when I have any color reg problems I run a 44-13 with the calibration jig (UKOG-0318FCZZ), and then a 44-2. After that re-due the full calibration.

We have done the full calibration after every part that we have fitted, including using the jig as suggested.

I will have a look at the transfer belt as zootech suggests and see where we go from there.

The parts we have changed so far are what has been suggested by Sharp tech support

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by claritymark View Post
    We have done the full calibration after every part that we have fitted, including using the jig as suggested.

I will have a look at the transfer belt as zootech suggests and see where we go from there.

The parts we have changed so far are what has been suggested by Sharp tech support
    I've heard stories about this transfer belt situation. Can't confirm it myself however. Word is that once the belt is replaced, the problem goes away, and strangely enough the same belt that was removed can be then installed into another machine without any negative repercussions.

We'll say the stories come from a very reliable source, so I have no reason to doubt their authenticity.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?