Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    MX-C311 - (etc) L4-16 Pressure Release issues still occurring after "updates"

Re: MX-C311 - (etc) L4-16 Pressure Release issues still occurring after "updates"

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    ... I am curious about something while we are talking Frontier machines............................
    In our North American manuals, the secondary transfer unit (color and mono) is listed as MX-C31U2 and is rated at 60k life span. There is another Sharp part, MX-B42U2, it is rated at 120k. I have been using the B42U2 on B401,402,SC machines for over a year now with twice the life span and zero problems.

Does anyone else use these?

When this is searched in Sharp web sites, no results are found. There is no mention of it in any manual I have found. I even asked a few Sharp guys and they had never heard of it...
    I'm not sure how it translates, but the number we've been using is DUNT-8344DS14. Most of the transfer belts I've seen on this series are not ripped, but badly textured from the inside at 74.5mm intervals, leaving silhouettes of the texture pattern in the heavy fill areas. I'm not terribly impressed by the thin mylar-like belt material.

That's good information about the MX-B42U2 and the B42FU1. If the opportunity presents itself I may make a suggestion to that effect.

Oh, and by the way, another source of L4-16, L4-12, and F5-64 codes can be dirty power. The location I have in mind was sagging to 100VAC and ground to neutral 9VAC, every time the refrigerator cycled. I wonder what the problem could be? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX-C311 - (etc) L4-16 Pressure Release issues still occurring after "updates"

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    See attached bulletin. The actuator for the fuser pressure has been changed again. The new one has an A4 stamped on it. I have had new machines and new fusers from Sharp with the A3 version of the actuators installed in them. I check all new machines and fusers for the new actuator. I also verify that the pressure plate is white.

Yeah, I just saw that late last week. I ordered some of the parts, and actually got an A4. WoHOO!!

Most of the ones we have in the field now are the "double dot" version. We seemed to skip right over the A3 ones. ha

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

I'll confirm from techs that have done it to themselves. You can't pull the fuser unit until the fuser is in the pressure off condition. If you do, the first thing the machine does at power up is bust the flag, with a distinct crunch.
    YIKES!!! With all the fuser swapping we have had to do to keep these things "in service", we usually do pull them "hot" for testing and what not. May be contributing to some of our issues... although I have never had one break while I was servicing one. Good to know for future reference though to adjust our procedures.

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

In addition to all of the above, I have found many fusers where all of these items are fine (& some where techs have replaced some or all of them) & the fuser still frequently fails to pressurize or release, generating the L4-16 code. The ratchet system consists of 2 one way bearings, one in the ratchet arm, & another at the other end of the shaft, If the one in the arm fails, the shaft wont turn, but if the opposite one fails, the shaft will wobble back & forth until the machine times out & throws the code. I just (because I was tired of ordering fusers at far below their yield) pulled several "bad" fusers off of the shelf & ripped into them. After cleaning & "scotch-briting the shafts under both, I now have a few more "good" ones. Hope this saves some of you a few bucks.

Bringing back a super old post, haha. I just picked up one of these printers with the L4-16 error code for free. Based on what I have read it does need a new fuser (the visible gear takes a lot of effort to turn) however, the gear that turns the gear on the fuser is destroyed (most of the teeth are broken off). I can not seem to find a parts diagram or part number for this gear. It looks super easy to replace, if anyone can give me a part number I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
    Pat

PS: if anyone knows how to check toner levels I would appreciate that information as well.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

How many teeth did it used to have?:

item 21 Gear 24T: NGERH1983FCZZ
    item 23 Gear 30T: NGERH1982FCZZ

Coupler.JPG

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

30t
    found and ordered. Thank you bery much for your help!

If anyone knows how to check toner levels I'd still be interested in that information. I found a few user manuals online (one 800+ pages) and couldn't find any mention of it. I did not go through all 800 pages, but did try the sections that seemed relevent.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planker101 View Post
    30t
    found and ordered. Thank you bery much for your help!

If anyone knows how to check toner levels I'd still be interested in that information. I found a few user manuals online (one 800+ pages) and couldn't find any mention of it. I did not go through all 800 pages, but did try the sections that seemed relevent.
    Press and hold the 'Copy' mode button on the display - meters and toner level. I don't have access to the info on a machine level soft switch now, but will input on Monday, if someone answers first,
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Press and hold the 'Copy' mode button on the display - meters and toner level. I don't have access to the info on a machine level soft switch now, but will input on Monday, if someone answers first,
    Simulation 55-3, switch 22, change bit 5 to a one - the toner remaining will show below the Status on the display.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --