Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    YorkChap

Blue lines on page

Hello everyone,

We currently have a Sharp MX4500N with blue lines appearing on the page when printing in colour. When printing black only no blue lines appear.

Would you suggest this is the Cyan drum? If so can you advise on the complexity of removing and replacing the drum?

Thanks in advance.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Blue lines on page

Re: Blue lines on page

Quote Originally Posted by YorkChap View Post
    Hello everyone,

We currently have a Sharp MX4500N with blue lines appearing on the page when printing in colour. When printing black only no blue lines appear.

Would you suggest this is the Cyan drum? If so can you advise on the complexity of removing and replacing the drum?

Thanks in advance.
    Before even bothering with replacing the drum, try running the charge rods in and out of the existing drum. They're the little green circular tabs sticking out of them, pull all the way out and reinsert. Lines are typically caused by dirt or contaminants on the charge grid. Next step beyond that would be using the grey slit glass cleaner brush situated on the back side of the front cover closest to the waste toner bottle. It will fit into the slots below the drum, brush side facing down.

The copier will tell you if a drum needs to be changed by a maintenance warning typically, you would ideally be looking for it to say "Maintenance Required DC" indicating the cyan drum. The colour drums last approx 100k copies, and are typically replaced in unison with yellow and magenta. The replacement process is relatively simple if you have a new/rebuilt drum unit on hand. I would not advise rebuilding one yourself, contact your local Sharp service representative to replace it if it in fact needs to be replaced, but try my first 2 suggestions first and see if that helps.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

YorkChap

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I had tried previously with the cleaning rod and the green charge rod. Neither of which have had any effect. I notice I can buy a drum online for what seems to be a very low cost (Sharp MX27GRSA Black OPC Drum Unit 100k | MX27GRSA - Toner Giant)

Is replacing a single drum a real pain in the rear? I did speak to a local engineer who was going to be looking to charge £120 + parts.

Thanks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Blue lines on page

Lightbulb Re: Blue lines on page

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Blue lines on page

I've seen labels follow the primary transfer belt, then lodge in the cleaning blade of one of the color drums. It will give you a nice solid colored line in the feed direction. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If none of these suggestions work, I had a very strange case where deleting and reinstalling the print driver took care of some odd blue streaks.

blog.equipmybiz.com