Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Part Number

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Madnhain's Avatar

Part Number

Here's an easy one for y'all...
    I need the part number for the "paper feed unit 2" for an MX-DEX3 (maybe it's a 4... doesn't matter... ) anywho, I need the full assembly, but the parts manual does not have the full assembly (weird) only all the itty bitty parts, and I don't really want to order all the parts and put the puzzle together, that just doesn't sound like a good time. This is for an MX-4501N... the parts guide for the 4501 has a similar assembly for drawer 1(with part number) though there are enough differences that I don't trust that it will work. To clarify, it's the paper feed assembly in the top drawer of the DEX unit on a 4501, that contains the switch, pickup and feed rollers.

Cheers

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

Re: Part Number

not available as a unit

Well, that is moderately calamitous.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Part Number

Quote Originally Posted by Madnhain View Post
    Here's an easy one for y'all...
    I need the part number for the "paper feed unit 2" for an MX-DEX3 (maybe it's a 4... doesn't matter... ) anywho, I need the full assembly, but the parts manual does not have the full assembly (weird) only all the itty bitty parts, and I don't really want to order all the parts and put the puzzle together, that just doesn't sound like a good time. This is for an MX-4501N... the parts guide for the 4501 has a similar assembly for drawer 1(with part number) though there are enough differences that I don't trust that it will work. To clarify, it's the paper feed assembly in the top drawer of the DEX unit on a 4501, that contains the switch, pickup and feed rollers.

Cheers
    You can order the PF assembly from the main engine, and with "some minor changes/swapping parts & removing others" you'll have a working DEX PF unit.
    Or, you can strip a PF unit from a used machine ready for the re-recyclers.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

^^^^this^^^

All great ideas, unfortunately we Recently lost all out inventory, and no longer have a pile of old machines to yank parts off of.
    The location of this customer is about 2 hours away, I was short on time and there was obviously something broken inside the unit, I figured I'd just order a new assembly instead of taking it apart to see what was broken.. (oops) I'm heading back up there today for a different service call and will check to see what is actually broken and order the appropriate part(s).
    It doesn't make much sense that they would have a PF for the main unit but not a DEX... Sharp, in all their infinite wisdom, surely has their reasons.