Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    hollisizer

Sharp AR-C260M magenta bands top to bottom

This Sharp ar-c260m keeps goin through magenta cartridges and is getting worse, now yellow is starting to do the same, cartridges are lasting not even 1/4 of there life before starting the band from top to bottom. But once replaced seem to be fine for a few hundred copies.

I have replaced the entire transfer belt assbly, wth no luck.

If you look on the magenta toner unit when you pull it out, the mag roller is uneven, wth light toner on the rear side.

I know this sounds like a level problem but I have checked the level of the copier and it is fine and what is weird is if it were a level problem wouldnt all toner cartridges be affected?

Check Sharp Technical Bulletins......

There was a problem with the 'Transport Medium' in the ARC MonoElement Toner... Magenta in particluar .. but can and does affect all ARC Toners.. something to do with the melting point of the Wax and it clogging/sticking to the Internals of the T Cart.

There was a cleaner jig that was availble and was used to clear the Wax buildup from the rollers in the Toner cart, but didn't do much good .. came back after about a week.

Sharp have solved this problem and introduded New and Improved ARC Toners towards the end of last year....
    Last edited by johnbla; 02-26-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    regards

John

" The Game never ends..When your whole World depends..On the Turn of a Friendly Card..."

hollisizer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbla View Post
    Check Sharp Technical Bulletins......

There was a problem with the 'Transport Medium' in the ARC MonoElement Toner... Magenta in particluar .. but can and does affect all ARC Toners.. something to do with the melting point of the Wax and it clogging/sticking to the Internals of the T Cart.

There was a cleaner jig that was availble and was used to cleared the Wax buildup from the rollers in the Toner cart, but didn't do much good .. came back after about a week.

Sharp have solved this problem and introduded New and Improved ARC Toners towards the end of last year....
    Thanks, I kept sending back the magenta cartridge to my toner supplier and they stopped giving me exchanges and said it was the copier, so that is when i spent $400 on the entire transport unit without any change.

Cant wait to send this info to them, thanks again

Be aware that the transportation and storage of the T Cart does have a big effect ..needs to be kept cool.. in packaging, out of direct sunlight, away from heat source.. etc..

Edit Check your PM's
    regards

John

" The Game never ends..When your whole World depends..On the Turn of a Friendly Card..."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

arc 260

I worked on xerox c226 which is sharp machine and only can say is big crap.
    Put new toner cartridge and after a cuople of hundred prints again have same problem.

Get explanation from xerox that they contact sharp and sharp techs will try to resolve this problem.

Still same, no solutions.

bkivett

bands

are we talking about front to back on box?
    i agree ar260 as well as bc machine is crap.
    most time i have lead to trail voids due to cartridge,
    if it is a quater inch front to rear frame dark band, look at gear that takes drive from drum to toner cartridge, this gear has metal insert, plastic will crack which will cause toner cartridge to skip, skinny hand can reach .
    pull drum and toner out, reach back and pull gear off.
    part number is NGERH1530FCZ4
    other wise if i am in left field, just ignore, or join me, just bring beer, i dont mind sharing, just almost out
    bgk