Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Multiple PDF scans in one email

Hey guys a customer of ours here at leader office solutions asked if it was possible scan multiple independent pages and have them sent as separate PDFs all as part of one email scan job. Its a sharp mx-5001n.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

Re: Multiple PDF scans in one email

Scan to e-mail, Scan to USB and Scan to Desktop, just use job build so that individual PDF files will be sent.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Try this setting:
    Capture.JPG

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Multiple PDF scans in one email

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Try this setting:
    Capture.JPG

That is correct. You can also set that setting when you are at the copier doing the scan job. It's under Image Send->File Settings.

Technician
    Thanks guys but I knew about setting a number of pages for file. I guess what they really want is to scan a couple pages then have the option to "read end" but then start another scan before sending it all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjon View Post
    Scan to e-mail, Scan to USB and Scan to Desktop, just use job build so that individual PDF files will be sent.
    How exactly does job build work? This is probably more towards what im looking for. I know i can set a certain number of pages per file but she wants various numbers of pages per pdf.. For example a "read end" function after each scan without sending the job automatically would be the perfect solution. Even if there is a workaround it would work for her. Is it possible to scan the jobs into the HDD individually then select them all and email them from a new image send dialog? Thanks in advance guys I'm gonna love this forum.

Edit: Looks like job build is the opposite. It combines all scans into one file for high volume jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLOITGIO View Post
    How exactly does job build work? This is probably more towards what im looking for. I know i can set a certain number of pages per file but she wants various numbers of pages per pdf.. For example a "read end" function after each scan without sending the job automatically would be the perfect solution. Even if there is a workaround it would work for her. Is it possible to scan the jobs into the HDD individually then select them all and email them from a new image send dialog? Thanks in advance guys I'm gonna love this forum.

Edit: Looks like job build is the opposite. It combines all scans into one file for high volume jobs.
    For the newer machines you can use the Preview key to build a job from the DF before sending it. Place the documents in the DF, press Preview, after scanning place the next set, then press the new Additional Scan button. (This will create a single file from multiple scans, if you want to separate the file, then tick Specified Pages Per File tick box under Format (if I can remember correctly off the top of my head.)).

If you want to separate into a different number of pages per document (i.e. 3 pages for first document, 5 for the second, 2 for the third, etc), then I do not believe this can be done. Maybe, try enabling Hold Settings for a While after Scanning, scan each document set separately, then set up a filter on the mail server to re-combine (if the server can even do this).