Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX3500-4501 series Microsoft Publisher same issue with oversaturation on 4 machines

MX3500-4501 series Microsoft Publisher same issue with oversaturation on 4 machines

We have varied documents that explain to customers how to set up Publisher to interface with the copier

One has Postscript while the other 3 don't.

The issue is that their document prints OK on a $900 HP Office Jet and OK on a Okidata $600 printer as well as an older HP LJ4600.
    However on the Sharp, the print is about 3 stops to dark on all 4 machines with their file, we are also unable to see any difference using manual settings and stopping back to lightest setting. Yet when printing other documents all is OK.

All I have seen re using Publisher is such as switch from RGB to CMYK and other such settings for 1. Accurate color sampling and 2. better speed in communication.

Any help MOST APPRECIATED!!! Thanks

Re: MX3500-4501 series Microsoft Publisher same issue with oversaturation on 4 machin

These are colour copiers/printers, not production printers; colour differences will be noticeable between brands and even same devices. How are you comparing? With what is on the screen or print outs? If the screen, calibrate it first then the copiers.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: MX3500-4501 series Microsoft Publisher same issue with oversaturation on 4 machin

Follow Ruben's post regarding the calibration, and then ask them a few questions:

Is the document they're trying to print a template they've reused over and over again? Is it a new document in publisher? Are their computer monitors calibrated?

Publisher is one of the dumbest programs out there, in that it has the most glitches of any software I've personally seen when interfacing with a Sharp machine. If customers reuse templates and erase text then rewrite it, I've seen it cause corruptions in the printouts. It would occur only in a saved document that was reused, whereas when I told them to create the exact same document brand new it worked flawlessly.

If their computer monitors aren't calibrated, for all they know the HP etc., are actually printing incorrectly and the Sharps are correct.

Depending on how far off the colour actually is, assuming all of the above has been checked/performed, there may be a memory fault. I've had a 2300N breaking down green colouration into its separate yellow/blue counterparts in what was intended to be a gradient, there was no green present, only a random pattern of yellow/blue. This was one of the RAM chips on the MFP board. I have doubts your issue would be similar because it's happening on multiple machines instead of just one, but it never hurts to throw it out there.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?