Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Sharp 2600 - Deleting jobs which have a security code - yet youve forgotten the code

Hi,

There are a number of jobs mounting up on our Sharp 2600n whereby the users have configured a code to print the job off within the job handling. They have since forgotten the code they use and now the jobs are stuck, if I try and clear them as the admin it still asks me for the code.

Any ideas please?
    Thanks

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp 2600 - Deleting jobs which have a security code - yet youve forgotten the code

Re: Sharp 2600 - Deleting jobs which have a security code - yet youve forgotten the c

Quote Originally Posted by shabbaranks View Post
    Hi,

There are a number of jobs mounting up on our Sharp 2600n whereby the users have configured a code to print the job off within the job handling. They have since forgotten the code they use and now the jobs are stuck, if I try and clear them as the admin it still asks me for the code.

Any ideas please?
    Thanks
    Did you put a check mark for "Delete File", "Delete Folder", and "Password Change" under Document Filing Settings on web page?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Re: Sharp 2600 - Deleting jobs which have a security code - yet youve forgotten the c

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Did you put a check mark for "Delete File", "Delete Folder", and "Password Change" under Document Filing Settings on web page?
    Thanks for the reply Zootech, I have selected the documents and clicked both delete and delete all but it still prompts me for the password the user has assigned to the print job.

I cant see the check marks your referring to though - I have attached a screen grab as reference

Image4.jpg

You need to look under system settings/document filing settings. There will be a section where you select admin authority to delete files.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by DavePo View Post
    You need to look under system settings/document filing settings. There will be a section where you select admin authority to delete files.
    You my friend are a genius! Thank you, that's been frustrating me for ages.