Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Aries2 General Question

Aries2 General Question

I've just set up 3 MX3640Ns and I have a question about the Engine Soft Switches (TC 55-1), specifically SW2, bits 0 and 1.
    On two machines the bits were set as 0 1, on the other it was 1 0 which were highlighted indicating a change from default.
    I tried changing the last one to 0 1 as the others but as soon as exiting TC, it reverted to 1 0.
    So my question is does anyone know what these two bits do, and is there a list indicating what the Engine Soft Switches do?
    (BTW - all the machines setup nicely and calibration was spot on)
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Aries2 General Question

I have 3 of these in my demo pool. I'll print them out and let you know what I find. Did you turn on the wireless and configure it..?...pretty cool stuff!
    As to soft switches, Sharp is very tight lipped about what they actually do.
    Be sure to set the fuser control to 23-28lb setting. You will get residual image if not changed.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Aries2 General Question

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I have 3 of these in my demo pool. I'll print them out and let you know what I find. Did you turn on the wireless and configure it..?...pretty cool stuff!
    As to soft switches, Sharp is very tight lipped about what they actually do.
    Be sure to set the fuser control to 23-28lb setting. You will get residual image if not changed.

Have not personally tried the wireless yet, but I'm sure it will be setup soon in our showroom. I've been setting control to 23-28lb for awhile now mainly for non-fusing of toner toward rear edge of page.
    I know Sharp, and probably for good reason, releases SW settings on a need to know basis only.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Aries2 General Question

If I happen to find out what they do, I'll be sure to relay the information. The chances of that however, are about as good as finding out what the new code for elevated simulations happens to be.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I looked at a 3640 and a 2640 and both machine went back to the original configuration after the reboot. I even did it twice to make sure but from what I saw, that soft switch can't be changed.
    I did discover a "secret" sim though. Install a USB drive in the front port, enter sim mode, enter 00, then enter 11. It will do an ICU memory dump onto the USB drive in the form of huge log file.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Aries2 General Question

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I looked at a 3640 and a 2640 and both machine went back to the original configuration after the reboot. I even did it twice to make sure but from what I saw, that soft switch can't be changed.
    I did discover a "secret" sim though. Install a USB drive in the front port, enter sim mode, enter 00, then enter 11. It will do an ICU memory dump onto the USB drive in the form of huge log file.

00-11 and 00-10 were present on previous MX machines in the elevated sims doing that exact same feature. Neat that they've placed it in first level sims, just omitted their presence from the manual.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?