Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MXFNX9 SQUEAKS

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

MXFNX9 SQUEAKS

I searched the forum and didn't find a definitive answer to this. Has anyone found a permanent fix for squeaks in this finisher? I've taken them apart, cleaned and lubed bushings and whatever else moves. It takes care of it for a while and then they come back. It's just a bit annoying. Thanks.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Re: MXFNX9 SQUEAKS

I like you have not found a good fix. It seems like about 50% of them squeak when I show up for a simple call and I spend more time on this than the original call.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

They all make noise. I have long since stopped taking them apart as it is labor intensive and the noise will always come back. I usually remove the finisher, remove the top cover, pull out the 3in1 oil, and lube accordingly. Be sure to run 50-100 copies as the oil will show up on the pages running through at first.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MXFNX9 SQUEAKS

I've heard from somewhere that the way to eliminate the squeak permanently was to replace every single piece of plastic, mylar or roller. Way too labour intensive, my solution thus far has been to replace the squeaky finisher with a non squeaky one until the customer can stand the noise no longer and wants a new machine.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Found a fix that worked on two different ones yesterday. Pull the top cover and lube the four rollers attached to it and also bend them down just a bit to add a little more pressure. Worked on both machines. I got an email confirming this fix from a friend this morning. Thanks for the responses.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MXFNX9 SQUEAKS

I have used this bulletin to fix the squeeking, MFP-TB-529. They are very easy to change and they have solved the majority of my squeeking issues.

Parts - Qty 2 - 0CW4141K05103, Qty 2 - 0CW4141K05203

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MXFNX9 SQUEAKS

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    Found a fix that worked on two different ones yesterday. Pull the top cover and lube the four rollers attached to it and also bend them down just a bit to add a little more pressure. Worked on both machines. I got an email confirming this fix from a friend this morning. Thanks for the responses.
    Can you direct me to the exact part you are referring to? I did the lube think with a Spray - 2-26 Plastic Safe Multi Purpose Precision Lubricant - got this at The Home Depot - Works just like they say.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MXFNX9 SQUEAKS

Quote Originally Posted by Tech2002 View Post
    Can you direct me to the exact part you are referring to? I did the lube think with a Spray - 2-26 Plastic Safe Multi Purpose Precision Lubricant - got this at The Home Depot - Works just like they say.
    Appreciate all the input from everyone - I am going to try the info from the Sharp Tech Tip - MFP-TB-529 - Thanks to all.